1. Collapse Details
    Drone in Budapest, Hungary
    I am a US pilot (part 107) and would like to fly in Budapest Hungary. It's really difficult to find information with regards to what I require in order to fly abroad. I am unsure of the local regulations and if my 107 is recognized as a license in Hungary.

I plan to fly a mavic pro above some commercial and residential high-rise buildings (not too close). As well as some scenic shots of Budapest.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Cameras: 2x - Sony FS7, 2x - Sony A6500, Canon 5D IV, DJI Mavic Pro, Canon 5D II, Canon 60D, Canon G16, Canon Rebel XT, GoPro Hero 7, Gopro Hero 6 (RIP), 6x - GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition, Canon XL2, iPhone 4, iPhone 6, Ricoh KR-10, Fed-2, Fujica Half Frame, Canon ZR-100, Sony DCR-TRV 310.

2. Collapse Details
    Hmmm... that's a good question. I know my UAS 107 is for US only....
    Have you tried AirMap? Just did a quick google search - and not sure - but I believe it works outside of US (not sure about Hungary)...

3. Collapse Details
    You might contact the EASA to enquirer about the area you intend to fly. As well as any local regulations.

4. Collapse Details
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by egproductions View Post
    I am a US pilot (part 107) and would like to fly in Budapest Hungary. It's really difficult to find information with regards to what I require in order to fly abroad. I am unsure of the local regulations and if my 107 is recognized as a license in Hungary.

I plan to fly a mavic pro above some commercial and residential high-rise buildings (not too close). As well as some scenic shots of Budapest.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hit me up in a PM, I live here in Budapest and can connect you to people who fly regularly here and are very helpful.

Here is what I know: (I fly drones every now and again but it's not my main profile) we got a stricter legislation since last year -> you need insurance on your drone now, like you would need for a car. There is also a form of online certification that you would have to have completed, but you should be able to fudge the lines with your existing one. Officially, you need to get a permit to use the airspace as well.

Now, most people do none of these things. If you aren't flying over some politicians house or over a protest, the cops probably won't mess around with you.

Something to note: the Red Bull Air show thing is in town, so a lot of airspace in the inner town is off limits not just on paper but really really.

here is a map of airspace limitations: https://terkep.legter.hu/#12.57/47.49219/19.03723