Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    ^ (The crane 2 usually needs the special "tall-camera" bracket in order to balance the 1DX properly)
    Sure, I have it

2. Collapse Details
    A review of the gimbal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4CGJROEy_o

As expected, the weight and form factor are an issue.

3. Collapse Details
    I might just end up getting it to use with my 5D4...

Couple that with the nucleus-m and a couple of small rig rod clamps and its rolling you can power the nucleus with the g2x.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    When I had my Helix Jr. with the C100, the longest most could shoot/carry and shoot steady footage without shakes, without resting, was about 5-6 minutes. I think a single handle with a Steadicam Merlin type vest with the gimbal would be the hot tip. More cumbersome than just a gimbal but also able to shoot much longer than just free holding a gimbal. Guess it depends on what style you shoot but I always get producers who want to shoot 15 minute walk and talks with talent or long character POVs that go forever. As far as Tilta, I would think the quality would be decent as their camera accessories are good but I wouldn't buy one unless I could actually try it with a C200 on-board. Tilta and electronics, I don't know. Once you introduce electronics, it becomes a whole different ball game. Hopefully as easy to setup and use as the Zhiyun stuff? If it uses Simple BGC, run the other way, that software is a nightmare.
    Is there a way to attach a Merlin vest to a stabilizer like this? I'm thinking of getting rid of my Letus Helix Hr and going to this for the versatility as well.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekDock View Post
    Is there a way to attach a Merlin vest to a stabilizer like this? I'm thinking of getting rid of my Letus Helix Hr and going to this for the versatility as well.
    I'm almost certain I saw an attachment from Tilta that matches the handle of the G2x, that the will go on an arm, but maybe it only goes with the Armor Man system...
    Last edited by legrevedotcom; 05-14-2018 at 02:15 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Just picked one up. Currently experiencing the annoyance of not being able to connect to the gimbal because the app only works on iOS. Which I don't have.
    You'd think that'd be more prominently explained to potential users. No PC app, no Android app (alpha, with no G2X connection).
    No other way of connecting to the gimbal that I can see. Strike 1.

Strike 2: Didn't need a lens support with the GH5 and Zhiyun Crane v2, but I do need one with this bad boy.

I've got another long list of minor annoyances but I'll wait until I've had a real chance to play with it before posting anything.

I'm expecting it to work better once I get access to the app somehow.

Picked it up to tide me over until Ronin-S. But I might just return it since I don't have any iOS access right now and no one I know has an extra iphone. Sigh. Useless.
    Last edited by scotchtape; 05-26-2018 at 05:31 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234