1. Collapse Details
    FS700 and camcorder pairing?
    Hey all,

I currently have a FS700/oddysey and am looking to add a couple cameras to my fleet for small scale (3-4 camera) recorded music and live switched productions. I was orginally considering the JVC LS300 as a B camera for it's 4k, but think I am just going to get another FS700 for the low light and perfect color match. SDI is a must.

I was also looking at adding a large sensor long zoom type camera, such as the Sony pxw-x70. 4k would be really nice for a wide shot of a concert. Does anybody have any experience with these cameras matched with the fs700? I'm assuming the sony color science is similar, but am not sure how doable it will be to match for a live production. The plan would be to get a color card and play with the custom picture profiles for a few hours to find something to match. I haven't been looking at any JVC or Pansonic camcorders as I figure they'll be harder to match but If anybody has done this please let me know!

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    I worked on a TV show (doing sound) for a little bit which used a Sony F5 as the main camera with the X70 as the B cam!

This was semi doco work really, chasing hunters around in the bush. So the cameraman had the F5, and the assistant had the X70 to catch extra footage.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    That's awesome! Exactly what I was looking to hear in terms of them matching well. One of these days I'll find a good deal on an x70.