1. Collapse Details
    Custom Mode - Green shift
    I've always shot in CineEI mode on my FS7, but I've been testing out the custom mode for times when I need to deliver footage for immediate broadcast and have unfavorable white balance conditions (e.g. shooting under old fluorescents and having skintones turn nasty green).
    So I've tried a mix of different hypergamma settings, trying out Alistair Chapman's downloadable 'scene files,' and generally experimenting until I find something I like, but in every mode/combination, I'm finding that when I pan past a window or bright light, the entire scene shifts green. When I pan away from the overexposed area, the scene shifts back to normal color. Here's a link to the issue I'm seeing: https://youtu.be/nGmOciqUXLA
    Has anyone else experienced this? I'm fairly sure I have all the automatic white balance things turned off, but Sony's menus are also deep and confusing, so maybe I'm missing something?

EDIT: here's a link that shows the jump in the vectorscope when the window comes into view: https://youtu.be/D09QiPkKqhE
    Last edited by pahooji; 02-22-2018 at 10:21 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Well that's about the least rigorous test I've ever seen. If you really want help evaluating this You need to shoot a slower pan and you need to first show a well balanced and exposed shot preferably with a person's face in it and or a color chart. In fact it would be good to have that person in the shot both with and without the window visible. Moreover you need to tell us what the lighting in the room is .

However I'll hazard a guess. If you do have the auto white left on (instead of having just set a white balance on A or B) and if the that room has a lot of green fluorescent, then the camera is first compensating for the interior green lighting , and rebalancing to the window and thus the green in the room is revealed . Its easy enough to test the auto white. First there should be an ATW note in the viewfinder unless that's turned off in the menus and second just point it at a light that's different in the room (a tungsten light if you still have one) ,maybe even a white on a computer or phone . If you see the color changing then you know .

If that's not it I'm stumped.

3. Collapse Details
    I'm with Lenny, that looks like an auto WB shift.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the replies - in further testing, I'm seeing the same effect in CineEI mode too.
    Here's a more scientific test, correctly exposed color chart under tungsten light, SGamut3.Cine/SLog3, XAVC-I 1920x1080. When I turn on another tungsten light aimed at a white card (+4 stops over, not hitting the chart) the entire scene shifts green.
    Thoughts?
    https://youtu.be/S3QXn8Vi0lw

5. Collapse Details
    Well that sure as hell ain't right and looks like it should go back to the shop. Good test. I'm no engineer and am over my head in making this statement but my guess is that it might have something to do with the flare comps being misadjusted. I don't have my camera open right now, but aren't there internal adjustments for that in FS7 menus? If so you could fiddle with the numbers and see if that had an effect. You should not have to fiddle with that stuff from a new camera though.

Definitely not normal.

6. Collapse Details
    What are "flare comps"? Don't think I've encountered that in the menu maze before.

7. Collapse Details
    Just wanted to follow-up on this in case anyone else experiences this issue - After baffling several other camera repair shops, I sent the camera into Sony. They had to replace a faulty DPR-365 PC board and then do some calibration. Total cost was around $1800.