Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Philip Bloom interviewed about the new Kinefinity Terra 4K camera
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCni...FiSCQNfIaw9SJw

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Why the downvote?

3. Collapse Details
    Ok, I'm actually really curious why the downvotes as well lol. Is there something negative, inaccurate, or dishonest we should know about this interview?

4. Collapse Details
    No one is answering because the likely reason for the downvote has nothing to do with the post. Someone is voicing an opinion about something that best not be brought up on the forum. Just ignore it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Interesting camera, would like to see more on it and some tests. Would have been nice to see some cu of the camera and setup rather than a two shot since this was supposed to be about the camera. B-roll please.
    Brian Murphy
    Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
    Sony PXW-Z150 -Sony A6000(x2) Sony A6500
    Sony-18/200-Tokina 11/16-Sigma 70/200 (2.8) Nikon 55(1.2)
    Collection of CY lenses and vintage Nikons
    2x DJI Osmo Plus ++
    GoPro H5 ++
    Teradek Vidiu kit.

6. Collapse Details
    Wow...2 years later and they finally took the 5K TERRA off their site.

It was delayed and delayed, and many speculated they just wouldn't be able to get the switchable rolling/global shutter going, which is where Blackmagic failed with the 4.6K as well...seems like a difficult task.

I wonder if this 4K sensor is the one that was in the 4K KineMINI (discontinued) and was stuffed into a TERRA body (that's what they did with the TERRA 6K and the 6K sensor from the KineMAX).

7. Collapse Details
    I am very curious about this camera as well and watched a load of videos about it online. Apparently there is a 7-8 frame delay in the monitor which would be a very very big minus for my style of shooting. Actually a deal breaker for me unfortunately.
    Sony FS700 + O7Q+, Bolex 16mm, Canon 1014XL-S super8.

Visit my site: www.samisanpakkila.com

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Why the downvote?

Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Ok, I'm actually really curious why the downvotes as well lol. Is there something negative, inaccurate, or dishonest we should know about this interview?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    No one is answering because the likely reason for the downvote has nothing to do with the post. Someone is voicing an opinion about something that best not be brought up on the forum. Just ignore it.
    Guessing a lot of people are anti-Kinefinity in general. Which is weird. I don't understand this? Ha, I'd understand it if I was posting to reduser! Sad to see this reaction on dvxuser. You'd think people would be excited to hear about a low priced but high performing new product option for us? Perhaps people are just anti-Chinese, yet people often get excited over every new DJI product?! I dunno, the downvotes make no sense.
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCni...FiSCQNfIaw9SJw

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Wow...2 years later and they finally took the 5K TERRA off their site.
    Nope, it was less than two years. And Kinefinity kept in regular communication through that time with users on social media. This came as absolutely no surprise to any one who followed Kinefinity.

Others have done far far worse (looking at you RED!).

many speculated they just wouldn't be able to get the switchable rolling/global shutter going, which is where Blackmagic failed with the 4.6K as well...seems like a difficult task.
    Yup! Was a very tough goal indeed to have a switchable global/rolling shutter, one that NO ONE else has ever commercially achieved.

But that is ok, I'd rather Kinefinity sets themselves very high targets and miss, than never even try in the first place.

I wonder if this 4K sensor is the one that was in the 4K KineMINI (discontinued) and was stuffed into a TERRA body (that's what they did with the TERRA 6K and the 6K sensor from the KineMAX).
    No, they're clearly different sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Essami View Post
    I am very curious about this camera as well and watched a load of videos about it online. Apparently there is a 7-8 frame delay in the monitor which would be a very very big minus for my style of shooting. Actually a deal breaker for me unfortunately.
    People have posted examples with it and other cameras to show it is exaggerations people's excuses of delay, at least for most shooters' needs.

10. Collapse Details
    The downvotes are mostly likely because a certain someone was accused of a certain something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast