Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by xl70e3
    Once again, thank you, Jarred and Barry.
    That's right. I think Jarred and Barry deserve a prize for all of the work they did. Over 70 films is no easy task.

Thank you Jarred and Barry. You guys made it all happen.

www.fireframeproductions.com

Current Production: Stuffed & Reflection

2. Collapse Details
    Congrats to all the filmmakers. Completing a film, no matter what the scale, is an achievement in itself. Thanks for the great entertainment.

3. Collapse Details
    Wow wow wow wow wow.

This is unbelievable, thank you so much everyone. Myself, Jesse Soff, Gregory Lee Kenyon, Earl Carroll, and Henry Kemp all are extremely flattered and, simply put, blown away. It's an honor to be even mentioned in the same breath as Shed, Shot in the Dark, and Pestilence - not to mention all the other excellent films.

Biggest thanks of all go to Jarred & Barry for undertaking an enormous task in this contest. We simply cannot wait for the DVD - it will always have a special place on our shelf. In the meantime we've kept all 79 films on our hard drives, and view them often.

We look forward to seeing future work and collaboration from everyone involved.

Sincerely,

The Cast & Crew of Texas Fortune

EDIT: almost forgot - thank you DVX-100A!

4. Collapse Details
    Congrats to all ..well done!!!!!

5. Collapse Details
    BIG CONGRATS everyone!
    Finished two short documentaries in the past 2 years. Writing script for 3rd feature film for planned 2015 production.

Check out my two award-winning DVX100a feature films "Schism" and "There Are No Goodbyes"

Read the lengthy and informative "Schism" DVXUser thread here!

6. Collapse Details
    Very well done, gentlemen. You each brought a level of true professionalism to your work, and it shows in your films.

Congratulations on your individual achievements...you all have my admiration as excellent filmmakers.

Cheers.

For your daily Callaghanism...follow Cal on

7. Collapse Details
    Congrats to all!!!
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

8. Collapse Details
    Congrats to the winners! Nice job everyone! Thanks Jarred and Barry! BOOYA!

9. Collapse Details
    congrats to the winners. well deserved.

10. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Hi all,

Thanks everybody, and thanks Jarred and Barry S for putting on this party and putting up with me. There should be another award for most high maintenance filmmaker -- I would so kill in that category!

I feel like if I make a heartfelt thank you speech I am implying that I think Shed is Citizen Kane or something --I KNOW IT'S NOT. So before I get my Sally Field on, I just wanted to make that clear.

And now for the heartfelt thank you speech.

Placing in the company of Texas Fortune and Shot in the Dark is INSANE! Go to Curogon's website if you haven't yet, but securely fasten your Depends first and don't sit in that expensive ergonomic chair, because YOU WILL SOIL YOURSELF! http://www.ancanar.com/
    And we all know that Disjecta is the lens master, as good an eye as there is anywhere period. I'm sure you've all gone to the Pine Lake Films website, gotten an eyeful of candy, and read the Pine Lake FAQ -- if you haven't, do it.
    http://www.pinelakefilms.com
    http://www.pinelakefilms.com/faq.html

-- which brings me to the main thing I want to say --

I got my camera in July, so I basically had it two and a half months before the online submissions were due. Prior to that I had NO DV or behind-the-camera filmmaking experience. OK, I had made a home movie, shot a zombie mocumentary, and done one Super 8 mm short, that needs its ending re-shot for technical reasons. But all of that was just the kind of goofing around that anyone can do with a single chip camera from Target, was only in a available light, and just for fun. So I just want to say that in whatever way Shed works it is LARGELY due to this forum, as this has been the entirety of my technical training. In fact, I mentioned Disjecta as the segue to this tome of a speech -- he posted his camera settings and I stole them. PK used the 360 panning technique in an excellent short of his called Forever and I emailed him asking him to tell me how he did it. He did, and I stole it. Even Hudson dropping something small like Dafont.com, which is where I got the zombie font that will be on the DVD – the list goes on, and then add Barry Green’s book and DVD, and DIRECT ACCESS TO THE MAN, throw in the Broken DVD, and Hunting Camp and Sleepover Nightmare, with QA access to the filmmakers, then top it all off with Graeme Natresses' G film effects, and direct access to the CEO and Chief Software Engineer (Graeme), getting steered towards EVS and having access to Rush, then add JDanstan, a sweltering shed in July in New Orleans, some cool makeup and a great actor, and you get Shed. What’s the common denominator?

DVXuser.com - The online community for Digital Filmmaking Forums!

No way I would have had this learning curve without this site. Finally the technology price point, accessibility, and knowledge resources have converged in a place where little fat girls from Ohio can make some frickin’ movies (see quote below)! Thank you Jarred and everybody for leading the insurgence in the Digital Revolution!

Vive la revolution!!!!!

“…one day a little fat girl in Ohio is going to be the new Mozart and make a beautiful film with her father's camcorder. For once the so-called professionalism about movies will be destroyed."
    - Francis Ford Coppola
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast