Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Winners Winners Winners

What a long strange trip it’s been.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    DVXFest: The Zombie Edition (aka Zombiefest) totally exceeded our expectations (not to mention our server capacity). We’d like to than everyone that’s been involved with Zombiefest including our generous sponsors, the filmmakers, and everyone who voted and contributed to the film discussions. Special thanks to Speedbump who generously hosted the Zombiefest films when our server got flattened.

<o:p></o:p>

Our generous sponsors include:

Panasonic <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place> http://www.panasonic.com
    Varizoom http://www.varizoom.com
    EVS – Express Video Supply http://www.evsonline.com
    Serious Magic http://www.seriousmagic.com
    Overland Films www.overlandfilms.com
    Sony Media Software http://www.sonymediasoftware.com
    Cinetactics http://www.cinetactics.com
    Barry Green and Jarred Land / DVXUser.com

All you filmmakers deserve a huge amount of credit for pulling through and submitting your films. Personal relationships were strained, police were called, locations disappeared, actors flaked out, and hurricanes were weathered, but you still managed to overcome the odds and make your films. It was a pleasure watching everyone come together as a community while you struggled to overcome your obstacles. The biggest reward in DVXFest is having a completed film to be proud of, but we do have some prizes for the films that we collectively considered the best.

1st Place - <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1:place> Fortune by Curugon<o:p></o:p>

From the amazing opening credits Texas Fortune starts out strong and delivers both technically and dramatically, not to mention having a genuinely creepy zombie. Curagon has won the following prizes: Panasonic Anamorphic Lens, Sony Vegas + DVD, Sennheiser ME66/K6, 5600 DVXuser battery.

2<SUP>nd</SUP> Place - Shed by jdanstan<o:p></o:p>

Even a hurricane and a flood, couldn’t stop jdanstan from not only completing Shed, but making one of the most compelling films in the contest. Jdanstan has won the following prizes: VariZoom DVX Controller, Overland Films Full Apple Box set and Hi-Hat Board, 5600 DVXuser battery.

<st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">3<SUP>rd</SUP> Place - </st1:address></st1:Street>Shot in the Dark by disjecta<o:p></o:p>

Disjecta proves that he’s a master of both the natural and the unnatural with his “family film”, Shot in the Dark. Disjecta has won the following prizes: Cinetactics Matteblox, Barry Green's DVX Book and DVD, 5600 DVXuser battery.

Special Technical Achievement Award - Pestilence by John Hudson<o:p></o:p>

This award is for a film that stands out in the area of technical achievement, particularly in sound and/or lighting. Pestilence was a crowd favorite, due in no small part to its technical excellence. Between its symphonic score, foley, and sound effects, Pestilence immerses the viewer in a world of zombie-infested chaos. John has won a copy of DVRack from Serious Magic.

Zombiefest Filmmaker Awards

Each filmmaker that submitted their deliverables for our upcoming Zombiefest DVD will be receiving an exclusive Zombiefest T-shirt, And a Poster Sized photoshop file that they can modify for their film and have printed.

Thanks again to everyone for participating and stay tuned for our upcoming announcement of the next DVXfest.

Barry and Jarred

2. Collapse Details
    Congrats everyone!

3. Collapse Details
    Great contest!

It was fun to watch all the films.

Congrats to all the winners,

Chris

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks again for running this, folks! I know it takes a lot of effort.

Congrats to the winners!
    Doug Bischoff
    Ceridwen Productions

5. Collapse Details
    Special Technical Achievement Award Pestilence by John Hudson

No way. Awesome. That is so cool.

Congrats to everyone (I knew Curugon would take it). This fest was totally fun and just in time for the spirit of Halloween! Well done everyone.

6. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    Is it still possible to watch the winning films, I didn't get to them all?
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

7. Collapse Details
    Thank you everyone who voted for Shot in the Dark...

I posted a higher res version of the film in the screengrabs section....there are also some minor changes based on some feedback I got.

8. Collapse Details
    I can say that I concur on all four prizes. I thought these four films had a very memorable presence.

All four of your films made me want to see more work done by each of you.

You guys rule.
    www.fireframeproductions.com

Current Production: Stuffed & Reflection

9. Collapse Details
    Cool, that is exactly my winners list!

Congratulations everyone!

10. Collapse Details
    Gratz, everyone!

Also gave Texas Fortune a 10; well deserved first place. Heck, almost everyone who deserves some form of award got one and it's great. Too bad we can only have as much as 4 prize places... Still, the fest was a blast. Once again, thank you, Jarred and Barry.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast