1. Collapse Details
    HMC150 - Should I keep or sell for barely anything?
    Hi All,
    I have a personal dilemma, I'm moving to Europe but my HMC150 is NTSC only (23.98 vs 25p). I know that nobody will really buy a used one today with the large sensor craze. It's in mint condition, even though I've shot documentary & corporate interviews with it. It's always lived in it's Pelican case and always had a filter on it. The lens and body look brand new.

Is there any reason to keep it for Europe? Maybe as my family and YouTube camera?

Or does anyone want to trade a 25p 50hz version of the camera for an 60hz NTSC version? I'm not willing to sell it for nothing, but then do I actually want to deal with shipping it over to Sweden from San Francisco? It's probably not even worth the shipping cost by itself.

Any opinions? Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Sell it ASAP, highly doubt anyone will want it in Europe with it being NTSC,
    I had a PAL version, great cam upgraded to the AC160 a few years back.
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

3. Collapse Details
    Sell.

It is worth very little in the USA.
    But will be worth even less in Europe!
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Part of a much bigger issue that affects us all. Or most of us. It's so much easier to acquire gear than to dispose of it. Logically, we all know we should dispose of things we don't use. But when it comes to it.... there was so much financial and emotional investment in the initial decision to buy. It brought us so much happiness/frustration while we used it. Plus the hassle of dealing with ads, buyers and postage. Easy to say, "sell", and you know logically and obviously that's the correct step, but if you just put it in the cupboard with all the other gear you should have disposed of, we'll understand.

5. Collapse Details
    PM sent.

6. Collapse Details
    I picked up a PAL version here in Europe lately for €370, which I consider a bargain. I use it for clients self recording simple review vids for youtube where the camera is locked down and all they have ro do is switch it on and talk into the lav mic attached to the xlr. Works a treat. For me, it was worth it. I find the image a bit soft for my taste though. The colour is good right out of the cam if you light it right.

7. Collapse Details
    Ironically, I'm still using it to this day and billing clients with it. I'm using on an audience cam for multi-cam live events. And I do have to say, that the image quality (when lit well) has this filmic quality to it. My last gig with it is May 22 before I move to Europe in June. Maybe I can sell it to Adorama or KEH or someone. I bet its Pelican case is worth more than the camera. Well, thanks for all your opinions. cheers.

8. Collapse Details
    I have 3 of them and still use them for paying jobs, though they now tend to be mainly used for events. Thought about selling them but the aren't worth much and sometimes still need them, especially when I have more than one multicam event happening at the same time.
    The 1080p resolution is lacking and the LCD is lousy but the skin tones are very nice. And I love that global shutter!
    And the ability to hand them off to inexperienced shooters and get usable footage is a plus too.