Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Doug for the helpful response.

I think I must get your Master Class on the Sony cams and do more research on the Canon xf400 before I can make the choice. Never an easy decision without being able to try the actual cameras.

2. Collapse Details
    I was crunching numbers this morning and realized I crossed a threshold last week with my Z280. I got my camera in September 2018 and as near as I can determine, as of last week I have sold enough stock footage that was shot with the Z280 to cover the entire cost of the camera. Not bad. And those shots will continue to sell over and over again for years. The rest us pure gravy. I love this camera.

3. Collapse Details
    Nice shooting to make it happen, and sell.

Looking back through this thread I realize how many keeper shots my Z90 has had locked down on the stern rail of my boat. Amazing how tough that camera has been for two years of hard use sailing, and beyond. Now adding the Z280 will be a nice big brother. But still have not had time for stock being flat out with jobs, and my own sponsored work. All good.
    Last edited by Paul Cronin; 10-26-2019 at 08:07 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    I don't usually purchase instructional videos, but after my eyes glazed over reading the Sony manual, I decided, hey, it's worth the money if it will save me both time and annoyance.
    It's an excellent value. Saved me time and annoyance. You can easily skip over the parts you already know, and Doug has gone the extra mile decoding Sony's menus and setup quirks.
    HD Video: G7s, ax100s
    Microphones: Sennheiser MKH 80 MKH20 MKH40
    Neumann 11-pattern dual capsule main pair by Rens Heijnis
    Schoeps MK2, MK2H, MK21, MK41
    own design ribbon mics

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    I don't usually purchase instructional videos, but after my eyes glazed over reading the Sony manual, I decided, hey, it's worth the money if it will save me both time and annoyance.
    It's an excellent value. Saved me time and annoyance. You can easily skip over the parts you already know, and Doug has gone the extra mile decoding Sony's menus and setup quirks.
    Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback and your taking the time to post. It is always nice to hear that the training I do is hitting it's mark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12