Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    That KL thing... what do they mean when they write "compatible tungsten halogen models"...? I really miss that manufacturers skipped the whole lumens BS and instead did meter readings at 2-3 distances with specific settings. That's the only thing that matters in the end... I dont' care how much light they believe it puts out, I want to know how much light will reach my subject.

2. Collapse Details
    On par with comparable I guess? Typo presumably. The bigger one has the spec missing, bu the next power down has useful beam data

PHOTOMETRIC DATA
    6,837 LUX 635 FC @6.6’ (2m) (14 Full ON)
    1,791 LUX 166 FC @6.6’ (2m) (30 Full ON)

That's not as bright as the Arri 650W, and not quite such a wide beam range. However, the Arri LED 5C which is the same colour temperature reads 2120Lux at 2m with the same beam angle - and is double the price? I suspect the bigger version will compete with the Arri 7 range?

3. Collapse Details
    From the KS page: "Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on February 21".

The reason:

"Thank you all for backing us! We reached nearly 200% of our original goal. That is fantastic and we appreciate your support for Anthem One!

We've managed to raise significant capital from private investors. This allows us to get Anthem One to you even sooner! If you've backed us, we'll still honor the Kickstarter Discount. Email us at info@anthemone.com with a screen shot of your canceled pledge..."

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    My reaction to this light is the opposite of the reaction I've had to the Elation KL range. http://www.elationlighting.com/kl-fresnel-8

Proper photometrics, proper glass Fresnel sense, professional features including pole op if you want it. DMX control of everything - flicker free, and even remote zoom if you want. proper colorimetry and a very different product in different powers to bland in with real tungsten lighting. It's even cheaper - the brightest and biggest is only $1200. Looking at the specs (proper ones) I'd put my money into these rather than these Anthems - sorry guys, but I'd buy one of these cold with confidence, the Anthem did nothing to convince me it a workhorse product at all.
    I'm sincerely not sure what you're seeing, or why you're comparing that light to this one.

The light you linked to says "Specifications coming soon," so I'm not sure how big that light is or how much it weighs.
    But looking at the rest of the site it looks like the KL Fresnel 4, which is only a 50watt model, is larger and heavier than an Anthem One already - so I can only assume the KL Fresnel 8 is going to be much larger and heavier.

The CRI on these looks good, but as far as light output the KL Fresnel 8 you linked to say it has a lumen output of "6400+"
    Am I seeing that right? If so, the Anthem One puts out about 4.5 times MORE light than that unit.
    So yes, the elation is a little bit cheaper... about $300 dollars less for less than 1/4th the output while being presumably much larger and heavier.

I'm not trying to sell you on an Anthem. If it's not for you that's fine, obviously.
    But again, let's compare apples to apples.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post

As far as the quality of light - I can tell you that everyone I worked with was impressed with both the strength and quality of the beam.
    It was even, no fringing at the edges and the color rendition was absolutely gorgeous on the card we were using (the Ultra Color).
    Luis, can you post any samples of the footage you used it on?

I've been intrigued by this light since hearing about it, but cant find enough real world examples, samples or reviews of it. Granted it is new, so I guess I will wait, but for what I need it for, it has peaked my interest(and helps that the company is from my city).

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by brianartka View Post
    Luis, can you post any samples of the footage you used it on?

I've been intrigued by this light since hearing about it, but cant find enough real world examples, samples or reviews of it. Granted it is new, so I guess I will wait, but for what I need it for, it has peaked my interest(and helps that the company is from my city).
    Hey Brian - unfortunately the project I used Anthem on is something I can't post footage from (it was used on a feature film set in Austin for a project that is not mine and hasn't been released publicly yet).

I can only imagine you'll have a few real world examples to see soon (on top of the demo video that I posted at the start of this thread). From what I know there should be a few reviews coming out soon, and the light is now carried by B&H - so it's only a matter of time before more people get some hands on experience with it.

7. Collapse Details
    Is there any actual photometric data published? ie. foot candles @ 3, 5, and 10 feet? Or has anyone taken an actual light meter to it?
    Dennis Hingsberg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    I reached out to them to try and demo the unit in the EU... they reached back and sounded open, but the EU rep didnt pitch in although he received the same emails... so... would love to know that very same thing as well.

9. Collapse Details
    I wish them luck, but it's not a serious lighting tool, and my reading of the specs suggests that the light from the elation does the job better, and would be a workhorse rather than a niche boutique product.

10. Collapse Details
    Looks like more specs are on their site now, including footcandles and a breakdown of their CRI ratings:
    https://www.anthemone.com/pages/specifications

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast