Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    it's a little heavy but enjoy running around with my 5D mk III and Tamron 24-70 G2.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Hall View Post
    I have one of those and often think about throwing it in the sea... ...horrid little camera. A camera designed by engineers who hate photographers. A camera with great features and useful video, but no joy, particularly for stills. Did I say I hate the A6500? YMMV :-)

I often do commercial photography or portraits in addition to video, generally I use my 5Dmk3. I was thinking about trading it in for an A7r3, but came out in a cold sweat thinking about the menus and handling of my A6500... ...it would be nice to have a FF camera in a small form, but I think I'm going to trade-in for a 5Dmk4 unless someone can convince me otherwise.
    I don't find it horrendous for stills (in the 80% of situations where speed isn't of the essence), but the menus are the usual Sony nightmare, and it did take me about 3 hours of digging through menus, and researching on the internet, in order to learn how to set the camera up in the usual format that I like (manual operation with back-button focus), and white balance and ISO all accessible without having to dig into any menus.

I also had to spend $20 on a tiny little pack of 8 adhesive gel buttons, in order to get a single gel button to make back-button focus possible.

I'm going to attempt to use mine on one of my occasional stills gigs (basically to see whether I could potentially do away with my DSLRs, and therefore keep to a single system stills-wise), but I'm not expecting that I'll be willing to part with my Nikons - when you need to shoot, you just want to shoot, and anything that slows you down, or gets in your way (and the complexity of the mirrorless cameras, gets in the way frequently) brings me to a bloodcurdling rage quicker than I care for.

Outside of underwater photography, my main use for the camera is for on-set stills. It's so small (with a little 20mm pancake lens) that I can keep it in my belt pouch and have it on me at all times, and it also has a 'silent shutter' feature, which literally makes the camera inaudible - so you can shoot stills mid-take without upsetting your soundie.

3. Collapse Details
    Nikon D750

Sigma Art 35mm F1.4
    Voigtlander Nokton 58mm F1.4
    Zeiss 28mm F2 and 85mm F1.4

I mainly shoot portraits for modelling agencies, the Sigma Art 35 is my main go to for location stuff and the Voigtlander and Zeiss in studio.

Thinking of moving to Canon, either a 5DIV or 1DC, though. (part of that move would be for 4k video in addition to stills)

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbeastPanda View Post
    Nikon D750

Sigma Art 35mm F1.4
    Voigtlander Nokton 58mm F1.4
    Zeiss 28mm F2 and 85mm F1.4

I mainly shoot portraits for modelling agencies, the Sigma Art 35 is my main go to for location stuff and the Voigtlander and Zeiss in studio.

Thinking of moving to Canon, either a 5DIV or 1DC, though. (part of that move would be for 4k video in addition to stills)
    rare to see manual focusing.

many talk about doing it with motion but less are willing for stills.

i'm just sayin!

thanks for the sharing.

be well.

rob
    smalltalk.productions/nyc
    the story is never black & white
    it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

5. Collapse Details
    Canon 5D Mark III w/Canon 100mm 2.8 for portraiture. I got the Canon 85mm 1.8 because I thought it was going to be THE portrait lens, but it hasn't been on my camera in ages.
    Screenwriter
    Los Angeles Center Studios Offices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12