Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    I own four, overall they're great with some things to consider.

- The cloths are well-built and seem durable.

- The diffusion stitching came apart on two of the diffusion fabrics for the softbox. I doubt I'm alone.

- The frame could've been designed better. When tilting the light at 45 degrees, parts of the frame don't stay connected to the velcro. It won't fall or even make me nervous but it's annoying - I'd rather have the light flush with the frame. This isn't a thing that happens over time, I just didn't notice straight away.

- The metal loop is a joke. Don't use it, it will come out of the power supply if you put it on a light stand knob. I put them on the ground and it's not ideal but not a major issue. Again, this isn't something that's different one year later, I'm just mentioning in case you haven't heard of this issue before.

- One year later, they're still really good value and I don't regret the purchase.

- Never had any magenta issues, or maybe so the hue was off so slightly it wasn't ever a problem.

- I recommend the extension cables.
    I always wondered how the velcro would last after so many tears in a year. Surprised its still holding up.

Is the diffusion still usable even if the stitching came apart?

Thank you for the summary Rob!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrospective View Post
    I always wondered how the velcro would last after so many tears in a year. Surprised its still holding up.

Is the diffusion still usable even if the stitching came apart?

Thank you for the summary Rob!
    Yeah it's fine they're only small gaps, not enough of a leak to change the look the softbox is creating, though it will need replacing if it keeps getting bigger. I'd rather pay more for something that lasts a long time e.g. Chimera but it wasn't a huge surprise given the company's approach to their products.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I am selling an Anton Bauer version that's only been used once. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274013592115

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930