Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SDub View Post
    OK so I'm looking for a better key light than my 2x80W CFL china ball fixture and up until this point I was stuck on the Apuruture 120D w/Light dome but what I love about this is that it's a similar cost (with the discount) and it takes up significantly less space. It also seems to have an INTENSE amount of output based on caleb's review.

Would you guys think this would make a suitable key light? This would be my first major light purchase. The only other lights I have are these dracast ones: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._bi_color.html
    This makes a great Key light, that’s what I have been using for. Also they covered the leds with a rubbery material which helps to keep it from getting those ugly LED shadows when you are not using the soft box. I also have a couple of bright casts which I like but this blows them out of the water.

2. Collapse Details
    I just finished a review of the LC-160 and it's a very nice bright soft source. Will post next week on Newsshooter.com

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    I'm very interested but was concerned about a few things that one guy on their website cited as problems.
    1- He said that it was a bit of a pain and slow to set up with all the velcro straps
    2- He was worried about what would happen when the velcro gets old and doesn't hold so well anymore which is inevitable.
    3- He also was concerned that the monofilament that supported hanging the control would break and there was no easy way to fix it.

What do you think?
    In my opinion itís very solid. It does take a few moments to put it together but itís easier than changing kino tubes. I would call or email and ask Aaron what their policy is on warrentee. They are great about making sure their products are supported. I canít imagine any of those issues happening any time soon. The hanger for the ballast is pretty thick.

4. Collapse Details
    Wow, $200 off the black friday price, nice!
    I am sorely tempted.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Is this dvxuser only, or can I advertise this around? I really want this to work out, haha.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SDub View Post
    Is this dvxuser only, or can I advertise this around? I really want this to work out, haha.
    I plan to put this up on a few other pages but I’ve been waiting for Intellytech to finish updating their website so ppl aren’t thrown off by the whole new look. The official 30 days will start then. I’m definitely hoping we do better than 30 units so feel free to share.

(update) The purchase link has been added and the 30 days starts today. The purchase page has a unit tally and countdown clock.
    Last edited by PaulHelling; 01-29-2018 at 06:45 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    They are pretty good about taking care of the customers. I had an issue with my and they sent me an prepaid rma. The light does have a lot of parts to deal with but I have found a couple of workflows to speed up the process. I can keep the soft box together and folded up. The arm that holds the light is a little awkward to keep together, but it depends how much room I have left in my pelican case. If you can keep some parts already assembled, then it wont take too much time to set up.
    The light is versatile. I had draped a silk around it (without the soft box) and made a lantern type light with it.

8. Collapse Details
    Last edited by Gweilo66; 01-28-2018 at 10:24 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm interested.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Here’s a really nice review of the LC-160 by Erik Naso of Newsshooter.com:
    http://www.newsshooter.com/2018/01/2...-hands-review/
    Last edited by PaulHelling; 01-29-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast