1. Collapse Details
    Endless Poetry 2016 - Alejandro Jodorowsky
    Rockin the Boat
    This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time. It's Jodorowsky, of course, so a certain amount of surrealism and non-linearity is to be expected, but in this case it does not work against the film - his films often are slightly overwhelmed that way, but not in the case of this film. It's beautifully shot, it has amazingly spectacular imagery, the narrative, though non-linear has a deep internal logic and is just a *wise* film... made by someone who has brought the wisdom of his almost 90 years on this earth, all into this film. Fantastic performaces and very affecting. It succeeds at something very, very rare in my experience - making you think. There are so many movies made with great pretensions to philosophy and supposed "depth", which I almost always find to be shallow or pretentious. But not this time. It pulls you in, works on both your emotions and your intellect, and is a tour de force of filmmaking to boot. Plus, it made me laugh harder than at most comedies I've seen in years - the first third of the movie is a riot of humor. Highly recommended. From the blurb:

Endless Poetry: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4451458/

"Surrealist filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky tells the story of himself as a young man becoming a poet in Chile, befriending other artists, and freeing himself from the limits of his youth."

If you have a chance, see this movie - may not be easy, but if you can manage, you will be richly rewarded.

2. Collapse Details
    I saw it in theaters here later last year. Man, so good. The colors were beautiful, his son was perfect in the role, and I loved his role in the film as well. Just a really smart way to tell a story like that.

Loved it and want to watch it again

I'm a huge Jodorowsky fan

3. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    I'm a big Jodorowsky fan as well, and for Endless Poetry I felt like he put everything he learned of art in filmmaking - achieved a perfect balance and a film that's an unquestioned triumph. Btw. it's two sons - one (Brontis Jodorowsky) played the father Jaime, and the other son (Adan Jodorowsky) played him as a young man. Pretty impressive film for anyone, but this was made by a man in his late 80's who crowdfunded the movie - absolutely stunning.

4. Collapse Details
    Ah, great point, thanks for that.

I was referring to Adan in Endless Poetry, but I didn't know that Brontis was playing Jaime.

Adan was wonderful in Endless Poetry, but I think Brontis stole the show in The Dance of Reality.

Agreed, about it being impressive.

This is the man's second film made using digital techniques, and it's awesome. I hope he keeps making more.