1. Collapse Details
    Convergent Design & Samsung 860 SSDs
    What are Convergent Design's plans for this? Certify Samsung 860 SSDs? And if yes, what's your timeline? Or should we just hoard current Samsung 850 SSDs while we can still get them? (probably for a while)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12348...4tb-ssd-review
    Last edited by Parrot; 01-23-2018 at 06:55 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    What are Convergent Design's plans for this? Certify Samsung 860 SSDs? And if yes, what's your timeline? Or should we just hoard current Samsung 850 SSDs while we can still get them? (probably for a while)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12348...4tb-ssd-review
    Bump. One month, no answer. I think this could be useful info for everybody, so I'm asking it here, not on a closed board and not in an email to support!
    860 SSDs are already retailing cheaper than 850 SSD, so sooner would be better than later. Particularly if the answer is that we need to hoard 850 SSDs...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    Bump. One month, no answer. I think this could be useful info for everybody, so I'm asking it here, not on a closed board and not in an email to support!
    860 SSDs are already retailing cheaper than 850 SSD, so sooner would be better than later. Particularly if the answer is that we need to hoard 850 SSDs...
    I don't work there anymore and have no skin in this game, but why not ask them directly via email or phone call and then post the answer here for all to share? How do you know CD is even aware you are asking the question?
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

4. Collapse Details
    Hey, just to add to this. Convergent Design just released an update last week with support for the 860 drives.

Btw sent an email to support asking what details of the update where and got a response in less than 5 minutes. Doesn't get any better than that in my book!

5. Collapse Details
    Glad they fixed this for some users but I was really hoping for a meaningful update from CD. As much as I love the image their tech is falling behind Atomos and I kinda regret all the money I spent on the 7Q+ when Atomos has nearly surpassed it with HDR, DNxHR, etc