1. Collapse Details
    How do I make enough space in template for longer text phrases
    I have a lower 3rd template that I'm trying to use as a title, but the wording won't fit. It's a bit longer than the typical "name/title" information. If I swap in my text, it gets cut off on the right side. I tried widening the composition's width, but that the text is still cut off.

I'm a novice when it comes to AE, but if someone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

https://www.rocketstock.com/free-aft...hirds-effects/ (Effect 17)

2. Collapse Details
    Which template are you trying to use? I've downloaded the template and will try to help you out but need you to narrow it down for me.

3. Collapse Details
    It's called title effect 17, you'll see it in the "preview all" section

4. Collapse Details
    OK, hopefully I can make this as easy as possible and you'll be able to extend the text box to the end of the composition frame.

In the Preview All composition, double click on the precomp called Lower Third 17. That will open up the Lower Third 17 precomp. Then double-click on either of the Text 17 precomps. That should open up the comp where all the editable elements are.

To extend the white box, click on the Control Layer layer. In the Effects Controls window (if you don't see that window, go to the top menu, select Window > Effects Controls) and you'll find some of the elements that are easily editable. Under Box Size you'll want to click and hold on the X-value and drag it to increase that number. That will increase the length of the white box as well as how much text is shown.

That will give you lots of room to type a long title but depending on the length, it won't animate in on time. This is where you'll have to make some other adjustments.

Single-click on the Small Text layer to highlight it. On your keyboard, press the U key and then press Shift+E. Pressing U will bring up the keyframes in that layer and Shift+E will bring up the effects that are applied to that layer.

You will want to click-and-hold on the right-most keyframe of the Evolution_(%)_In and then drag it to the left. Make sure its only on moving the right-most keyframe. Then click the little arrow on the Delay_In effect and change the value next to slider to about 0.50. This will make sure your long text will animate in with plenty of time to spare. You can adjust both the keyframe in the Evolution_(%)_In and the Delay_In to get the text on sooner if you wish.

As you can see from the last image, I was able to extend the text quite a bit. Good luck. Email me (robert@desertaudiovisual.com) if you need more help and I'll try to walk you through it.

Good luck.

5. Collapse Details
    This was extremely helpful little bobby - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by little bobby View Post
    OK, hopefully I can make this as easy as possible and you'll be able to extend the text box to the end of the composition frame.

In the Preview All composition, double click on the precomp called Lower Third 17. That will open up the Lower Third 17 precomp. Then double-click on either of the Text 17 precomps. That should open up the comp where all the editable elements are.

To extend the white box, click on the Control Layer layer. In the Effects Controls window (if you don't see that window, go to the top menu, select Window > Effects Controls) and you'll find some of the elements that are easily editable. Under Box Size you'll want to click and hold on the X-value and drag it to increase that number. That will increase the length of the white box as well as how much text is shown.

That will give you lots of room to type a long title but depending on the length, it won't animate in on time. This is where you'll have to make some other adjustments.

Single-click on the Small Text layer to highlight it. On your keyboard, press the U key and then press Shift+E. Pressing U will bring up the keyframes in that layer and Shift+E will bring up the effects that are applied to that layer.

You will want to click-and-hold on the right-most keyframe of the Evolution_(%)_In and then drag it to the left. Make sure its only on moving the right-most keyframe. Then click the little arrow on the Delay_In effect and change the value next to slider to about 0.50. This will make sure your long text will animate in with plenty of time to spare. You can adjust both the keyframe in the Evolution_(%)_In and the Delay_In to get the text on sooner if you wish.

As you can see from the last image, I was able to extend the text quite a bit. Good luck. Email me (robert@desertaudiovisual.com) if you need more help and I'll try to walk you through it.

Good luck.