1. Collapse Details
    C300 - handle unit and thumb rest?
    Can someone show me what a HANDLE UNIT AND THUMB REST is? I'm looking buying a C300 that is missing these. Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Handle unit has the joystick, iris scroll wheel and record button. They are around, but are not cheap, I would scour Ebay and place a WTB ad here and or talk to someone like Terry Nixon w Texas Media Systems, they sometimes seem to have spare parts laying around that they can sell or order. Thumb rest is just a piece of plastic that covers the threaded outlet for the handle, probably not very expensive.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Handle unit has the joystick, iris scroll wheel and record button. They are around, but are not cheap, I would scour Ebay and place a WTB ad here and or talk to someone like Terry Nixon w Texas Media Systems, they sometimes seem to have spare parts laying around that they can sell or order. Thumb rest is just a piece of plastic that covers the threaded outlet for the handle, probably not very expensive.

To add on to this, I never, ever use my handle unit, but if you aren’t, the thumb rest is a pretty important ergonomic requirement IMO. The camera is still highly useable without the handle (again, I prefer it).

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks.