Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yuneec Typhoon H Plus 4K Drone -1" 4K 60p camera

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    But will they be around long enough for the warranty to be supported and parts available? Go Pro just dumped the consumer drone business because they couldn't compete with DJI. Yuneec is obviously more commited to drones than Go Pro was but I would have to think long and hard before buying a drone like this, even though it looks nice. Sadly, in the consumer space, DJI is the 800lb Gorilla.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

3. Collapse Details
    Depends on support, if Yuneec decides to offer better customer support then they can compete. DJI is quick to give you the runaround, they have little to risk right now.

4. Collapse Details
    I have been pretty impressed with what Yuneec offers in the drone market.

Kudos to them.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for posting. This looks really interesting!
    Does anyone know if Yuneec is plagued with the constant software issues that DJI is?
    It might be able to lose a motor and stay airborne unlike a quad.
    I like the controller with integrated screen as opposed to using a tablet from another party

DJI makes great gear but on the software side of things they are extremely annoying. A lot of people are getting fed up with them. Since they are king right now they don't seem to care: The crashing, glitching, malfunctioning and sneaky "features" they force in can leave you inoperable on a job in front of an unhappy client.
    You suddenly cannot fly where you have gone through all the proper clearance procedures, inlcuding the online DJi ones. Or it decides not to let you fly more than 100ft away all the sudden. Or suddenly bricks your drone and it no longer works.

It seems each new app version is worse than the previous and they don't let you download the older ones. The amount of tracking stuff they keep adding is also not cool.
    They need some real competition.

We have a P3 Pro, P4 and Inspire 1 pro, and it's near constant problems.
    The P4 is not reliable if recording over 24fps.
    The Inspire has had a load of problems. Now it magically is stuck in beginner mode and will not come out.
    The P3 is the least problematic probably because it is the oldest and has the least amount of spyware in it. I'm still running tn old app and old firmware.

I expect the govt comes down heavy on DJi since they are by far the biggest and forces them to do some of what they do. So some of it may not be Dji's fault.
    Does anyone know if yuneec has so much troublesome crippling spyware garbage in their gear and software and unrealiable software?
    Last edited by firehawk; 01-13-2018 at 10:09 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    What are the frame rates it shoots, 60 at 4K plus what else?

7. Collapse Details
    "it's an all new re-design aircraft, we used the sam proven design as our older model"

*facepalm"

Nice drone though.

Shame he didn't ask about price.

EDIT: It's $1,800.
    Last edited by Liam Hall; 01-14-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

8. Collapse Details
    Back in 2015, Intel have invested 60 million into Yuneec and they are the ones who made the sensing technology that is in the drones. Basically with a big company like Intel strongly backing Yuneec, it seams like Yuneec is going to be making drones for a while. Yuneec been selling drones since 2014 and they are still releasing new drones.

DJI tried to sue Yuneec in 2016 for patent reasons. Not sure what was the outcome of the case but the original Typhoon H got released despite threats from DJI. Either Youneec won or are paying DJI to keep the drones in the market.
    Last edited by Camera Expert; 01-15-2018 at 07:36 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Well, 3DR who failed with their Solo had marquee investors like Richard Branson and chip company Qualcomm. It also has Autodesk and a host of other investors. So quality of investors is no guarantee that a drone will work.

My partner still flies the Solo. I had paid about 1700+ for 3DR Solo with batteries and backpack. So technically I am open to paying 1800 for Yuneec. However, I want to see how the camera works. Is it good in low light?

When my Phantom plunged from the air like a rocket, my heart sank. Since that day I haven't flown even once. I direct and my partner flies. I don't see myself buying a DJI ever.

10. Collapse Details
    Keep in mind that Yuneec does not suggest that their airships are professional level, the camera is almost certainly not as good as a DJI X7. But that said, I'm guessing that the H series is as good or slightly better than DJI Phantom series.

As I have mentioned in this or other threads, I've had one experience with DJI, and they were quick to start the run around game with support... That tells me to never return to them.

As far as suing any multicopter company, lets not forget where these aircraft first started! They first started with some very smart RC hobby guys designing and building control boards from other toys and tools (Wii was very popular), then designing their own control boards around the raw electronics available. If not for these people, DJI would not exist. Their first few products were directly "ripping off" what was at the time free and open sourced products built by passionate hobby people (note the quotes). They contributed NOTHING back to those projects, not a single line of code, but were more than happy to steal the fixes that users created for issues that came up in those dark days at the beginning. Now they (DJI) certainly have created their own improvements, built up from the money that they basically stole (my opinion) from the open sourced projects. Had they bothered to treat things like a real open sourced community and contributed code back to the projects, I'd have more respect for them. If they didn't start the run around at the very first hint that they might actually have to fix something, I'd have more respect for them. Both of those combined lead me to not put my money in their pockets. The above is my opinion based on what I saw happening in the RC community when I was more heavily involved there. Most of the progress from rough barely flying to what we have today is documented on RCGroups, you'll need to go back to around 2006 or maybe earlier to catch the beginning phases of the rise of the multicopter (note the name multicopter) and into the beginnings or the Quad and Hexacopters. This is back in the days of rate control gyros and the complex hoops that guys would jump through to make them fly.

The rise of the electronic camera gimbal is very similar and spurred on by many of those same RC hobby people using very similar control boards.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast