1. Collapse Details
    Viewfinder Rod Clamp
    I am finally back using the FS7 after a year with other cameras. And I just receive the used camera this week, and all seems well except when I went to put the VF on. The 90 degree rod clamp snapped at the nut end. So now it will not even tighten. Luckily I have a four days before the first job.

On my last one I had a Zacuto 90 degree rod clamp (went with that camera) that worked great. Can't hurt to hear what others are doing before I purchase a solution?

2. Collapse Details
    Redrock sells a cheap piece that allows you to tighten each axis independently - I was using that with the stock viewfinder rod setup for a while.

I've since upgraded to the zacuto axis mini, but the redrock solution was working quite well.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._out_Spud.html
    www.vanheestvisual.com
    FS7 Owner / Operator
    A7S / Ronin

3. Collapse Details
    i have one from shape, works great for 1.5 years already

4. Collapse Details
    Last two years have been happily using the Vocas VF bracket which is based around a NATO rail setup. Simple, robust, well made and just works. Can move the VF further forward that the original plus can also pivot the VF to the rear of the camera. NO drooping to the left like the original. VF bracket is covered in this Newsshooter video on Vocas bits.

https://vimeo.com/121243293

Chris Young

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchirster View Post
    i have one from shape, works great for 1.5 years already
    Which Shape piece is it you use? I have their shoulder brace and remote extension arm, both are great. But do not know about their VF attachment.

I have used the RedRock 90 degree clamp on my last FS7 and it worked for a bit then broke, so going to stay away from that one. Could of easily been user error, but just want a tough piece.

Agree the Vocas looks very nice but they stopped making it.

Sorry for the slow responses, the forum is not sending me responses.

I have ordered the Zacuto Axis Mini for FS7. Arrives tomorrow just in time for a shoot the next day.
    Last edited by Paul Cronin; 01-15-2018 at 01:10 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Put in on today and I am impressed with the build quality. How easy it is to install.

You just have to make sure the rod onto the VF is square so it will be perfectly level. This is easy with a square on the VF to the back of the rosette with rod that you can remove and have a nice small piece to work.

Get the tension right and adjustment going from forward on shoulder to all the way back on tripod. And the mount on the top of the camera is solid. In and out of my Portabrace CTC-3B is easy. Both handles off and in, with both in padded bags with camera. Setup and break down is 30 sec.

This is a good choice for my shooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images