1. Collapse Details
    Canon EF lens breathing database
    Hi all,

I just wondered, is there a comparison somewhere about the breathing of various Canon EF mount (AF-capable) glass?

I looked at the old threads, but I couldn't really find a complete collection, and I think at least some testing has been done on this.

Thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details
    Most of the EF "photo" lenses will breath, some quite severely. Even the cheap sigma "cinema" lenses have severe breathing. So in that way, you're not going to find a lens that will exhibit non-noticable breathing in the still range.

If breathing is paramount to you, then you are stuck with proper cinema lenses. Which camera are you using?

3. Collapse Details
    Thinking of the 5D IV but I'd like to sort out the lenses first before investing in a body.

And of course I know that all still lenses breathe.
    I am just looking to find which ones suffer less than others, so when tracking a face it is not that noticeable.
    For instance the Sigma 18-35 1.8 looks to be acceptable to me, while the 50-100 1.8 does not, the ART primes look ok.

And of course a lot of these are employed on the newer cinema cameras as well (with a not so different crop factor)
    So I guess some tests have been done on which ones are bad and which ones are acceptable, I just couldn't find a comprehensive guide on it.