1. Collapse Details
    Incorporating Flash Elements into Sports Video
    I've noticed a trend in sports video editing, specifically basketball, incorporating flash elements into their raw footage like:

I want to try my hand at it, but I need some direction. Is this done with motion tracking in AE or keyframing, or did the editor just overlay the elements on top of the footage? I'm looking for some sort of tutorial - the closest I could find is a quick mention of customizing some of the elements in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKCkHWad5w), but that's it.

2. Collapse Details
    bump

3. Collapse Details
    I think these could be as simple as Digital Juice overlays. You might not need any tutorials, just some purchased motion graphics. (I only watched the YouTube video as I don't have an Instagram account).

4. Collapse Details
    For the non-text elements, looks like something like this from videohive.net. It involves some motion tracking and keyframing masks in AE.

5. Collapse Details
    Good suggestion. There is a lot to work with on the Envato network.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by little bobby View Post
    For the non-text elements, looks like something like this from videohive.net. It involves some motion tracking and keyframing masks in AE.
    I've got the elements downloaded already, what I need help with is this part. I can tell it's not a simple matter of changing the blending mode. Somehow they got the elements to curve around the shape and movement of whatever its laid over, and that's what I'm trying to do. Otherwise, it'll stick out like a sore thumb and look unprofessional instead of seeming like it's part of the video.

7. Collapse Details
    bump

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Productions View Post
    I've got the elements downloaded already, what I need help with is this part. I can tell it's not a simple matter of changing the blending mode. Somehow they got the elements to curve around the shape and movement of whatever its laid over, and that's what I'm trying to do. Otherwise, it'll stick out like a sore thumb and look unprofessional instead of seeming like it's part of the video.
    Principle is the same, except you're working in a 3D space in AE and using mask layers. Once you have the elements sorted, you would track the element and the mask to the ball. Personally, I'd probably use Particular to create the elements.

Going beyond this simple explanation would turn into a novel.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374