Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    I use
    https://tentaclesync.com

they feed TC by Audio into any device that has a mic in. I sometimes daisy chain a cheap wireless to hop the sound from the PDR to my earpiece, when I feel i need to monitor it. I just got tired of wirelesses the constant battery changes on four units throughout the day + it the frequencies are getting really crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanik View Post
    Those are sweet. If/when they ever come out with a hybrid recorder/transmitter (so I can at least monitor audio live, i.e. if mic rubs or clanks on clothing, jewelry, etc.) I'd spring for a set. TC sync is nice, but Premiere actually does very well with matching multiple audio sources (even if all you have is a cam mic scratch track). For Sony FS-5 and FS-7, I would be a little nervous about those cams keeping sync though. The clocks on those seem unreliable.

2. Collapse Details
    More for the quirk/issue pile
    I experienced issues with both Peaking and Zebras yesterday (similar to what was reported in another thread about "Peaking Invalid").

I lost both of them (or just one or the other) a few times whenever I did something like adjust the audio monitor volume, (accidentally) pressing the Menu button, or toggle on/off Waveform. They just go away, and cannot be switched on again (via assigned user buttons). Then, a few minutes later, I'd try again, and lo and behold, they suddenly worked again. This mostly occurred as I was rolling on a long interview (locked down), so the issue(s) wasn't critical at the time, but it would be disastrous if I was trying to follow action.

A separate potential issue I may have had: I stepped away for the camera for about 10 seconds to adjust a light (or grab something... can't remember), and when I returned, all the screen overlay info had disappeared. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it back, so I just rebooted, and everything was fine. I wasn't rolling at the time. This could be operator error, as I may have inadvertently pushed something, but I find it very odd that I couldn't at least fix it in the menu.

I'm going to try to see if I can repeat these quirks under different scenarios (in a non work setting) before I take it back out into the field.

3. Collapse Details
    Oh yeah. I had the zebra disappear on me today, and the assigned button would not bring it up. Rebooted and it worked fine. Was more of an inconvenience, but shouldn't happen.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seanik View Post
    I experienced issues with both Peaking and Zebras yesterday (similar to what was reported in another thread about "Peaking Invalid").

I lost both of them (or just one or the other) a few times whenever I did something like adjust the audio monitor volume, (accidentally) pressing the Menu button, or toggle on/off Waveform. They just go away, and cannot be switched on again (via assigned user buttons). Then, a few minutes later, I'd try again, and lo and behold, they suddenly worked again. This mostly occurred as I was rolling on a long interview (locked down), so the issue(s) wasn't critical at the time, but it would be disastrous if I was trying to follow action.

A separate potential issue I may have had: I stepped away for the camera for about 10 seconds to adjust a light (or grab something... can't remember), and when I returned, all the screen overlay info had disappeared. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it back, so I just rebooted, and everything was fine. I wasn't rolling at the time. This could be operator error, as I may have inadvertently pushed something, but I find it very odd that I couldn't at least fix it in the menu.

I'm going to try to see if I can repeat these quirks under different scenarios (in a non work setting) before I take it back out into the field.

4. Collapse Details
    Interesting....I did my first shoot with the EVA1 yesterday and had a similar experience.
    I have buttons as follows:
    User 1 - B+W with red peaking
    User 2 - Punch in/focus expand
    User 3 - Zebra's

whilst User 1 + 2 buttons would always respond during stand by/recording, User 3 (Zebra) would quite often not respond - was worried that maybe User 3 button is faulty but sounds like its
    maybe a bug if other users are also having similar problems.
    EVA1, AF101, AC161, GH4

5. Collapse Details
    My EVA 1 is at Panasonic in New Jersey right now being repaired for a non working iris control. I lost control on the third day of ownership. The iris wheel stopped responding after I powered up the camera and I had no f stop reading on the LCD.

Wayne

6. Collapse Details
    For those experiencing functions shutting off, it is most likely from accidentally hitting a control that supersedes it. There is a Lock switch above the audio controls, and you can set which functions/controls it will lock off. That way you don't have to worry about accidentally hitting something.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234