Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fan speed stuck at max
    Hey, the fan got stuck at max and I can't change it to anything else. The viewfinder display says "shutdown camera/fan max". Has anyone else had that issue?
    Last edited by vlodeck; 12-07-2017 at 07:08 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I had that issue at one point, it was one of the internal cable connections that had come loose (I forget if it was under the front/sensor body panel or the side panel) when I gave the camera a clean.

I'd start with that. Open up the front and side panels and check that everything is securely plugged into where it needs to be.

3. Collapse Details
    There are some mentions of it in the main just got a new camera thread. Seems like Yachacha and Jo Kami both had this issue. Yachacha was also a loose cable on the side panel and Jo Kami never posted what the actual problem was but it from what was posted it appeared to be a loose cable as well. So it seems likely that a loose cable is the culprit.

4. Collapse Details
    Checked. All cables seem fine.

5. Collapse Details
    Sony said to replace the fans. Cost - 1500 USD. Maybe someone here has a broken F35 or F23?

6. Collapse Details
    If someone has a working F35 for sale, I'm also interested (preferably from Europe).

7. Collapse Details
    I have had this issue too.

After cleaning the and putting the camera back together the “fan max” error went away, but as soon as i started using the IF box to feed a recorder the issue popped up again.

A while back i was going to try and fix this issue, but in the process, i tore the sensor to AD card connector and the camera was down for a couple weeks until i could afford the part. Sony shipped the part rather quickly. I was able to then put the camera back together, and initially the fan max error was not there, but eventually showed up. I did a test to see if it was just over time, and heating up, but i will have to do more testing to be sure what is the cause.

I’ll try to do a firmware refresh, check loose cables, and possibly replace the fans. The thing is, the fans seem to be working fine.

Has anyone had further success with a reoccuring fan max issue?
    Last edited by James0b57; 10-02-2018 at 10:12 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Fan issues in PCís are usually related to Motherboard firmware... maybe there is a clue there. Are you up to date on all the different aspects of the firmware... I always see 3 different ones but donít really know what each means... I would also do a hard factory reset. Try different batteries? Maybe your camera is overheating trying to function with a low amperage battery. That could be the reason why the issue ďpops upĒ... try with AC power supply. If you donít have one I can send you mine for testing. I also try to strip the camera just to the body, fire it up, connect recorder, fire it up... maybe the camera is sensing your recorder getting hot and itís triggering the cameras sensors... dunno... just some ideas...

9. Collapse Details
    I’ll try as many of those as possible tonight.

10. Collapse Details
    Are you blocking the front intake for any reason? This is where all the cooling for the CPU is pulled in.

If you have cine-ei mode on your camera you have the newest firmware. There was only one update.

Each fan has a small controller board which is what I would think is actually giving the error. The fans are $3 online. The fan isn't $1500, but fan with this little controller board is.

I can fix this issue but I would need the camera sent to me. Would need to figure out which fan is giving the error and replace that board. Hopefully it's not the main motherboard which all the fan controllers attach to.

I would be a little nervous running the camera with this error, I think the CCD unit could melt down pretty quick if it overheats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast