Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    Works fine with speedbooster, but my advice is if you only have the speed booster for your lenses you are being penny wise and pound foolish. Get a standard Metabones adapter as well. It allows you to have 2 ranges for all your lenses and often you may want the longer range. Also consider if anything happens and for some reason your speed booster stop working ( its known to happen with any adapter that has electronic coupling), the you still have your backup. I use both my adapters about 50% of the time with each. Especially valuable with primes as its like 2 lenses for the price of 1.
    Excellent idea, Lenny! Thanks; I've thought about it man times but could decide between Metabones and Sigma MC-11 adapters...

Piotr
    Last edited by moldcad; 12-07-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Camera: Sony PXW-FS7 (plus A7Rii & GH5 B-cams), Shogun Inferno; lenses: Sony 28-135mm F4, FE 28mm F2, FE 50mm F1.8; Canon 16-35mm & 24-70mm F4 on Speed Booster; MFT Leica 35-100mm F2.8
    Editing System: DaVinci Resolve Studio; Asus X-99 Pro/USB31; i7-5960X CPU; 64 GB RAM; 2x GTX 1080 8GB GPU; 480 GB SSD system drive; 4x 3TB WD Black in RAID 0; 1TB M.2 NVMe cache drive; Decklink 4K Extreme 12G driving calibrated Samsung SUHD grading/delivery monitor

2. Collapse Details
    Methinks you remind me of a Danish gentleman of long ago - "To buy or not to buy....."
    Do you have trouble in the pharmacy between brands of toothpaste?
    (Actually I confess to checking amazon between brands far too often in the supermarket.)
    Last edited by LennyLevy; 12-07-2017 at 01:58 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Lenny, I do hamletize a lot in life, I must confess. However, only on the matters of a greater importance than toothpaste

Piotr

PS. Back to the merits - I've seen a tone of YT videos, comparing the Sigma MC-11 and Metabones non-boosting adapters with various EF lenses (by Canon and Sigma mainly). Really, the feedback is so mixed and inconclusive that if I consider the MC-11 at all is mainly for price reasons; what is your guys opinion on which is "generally better"? The problem with all those comparison videos is the testers mainly focus on Auto Focus functionality, which for me is not the most important aspect at all (One Push AF and One Push AE is all I need - but they must be spot-on; the IS is far more important particularly with IBIS and lens OIS)....
    Last edited by moldcad; 12-08-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    Camera: Sony PXW-FS7 (plus A7Rii & GH5 B-cams), Shogun Inferno; lenses: Sony 28-135mm F4, FE 28mm F2, FE 50mm F1.8; Canon 16-35mm & 24-70mm F4 on Speed Booster; MFT Leica 35-100mm F2.8
    Editing System: DaVinci Resolve Studio; Asus X-99 Pro/USB31; i7-5960X CPU; 64 GB RAM; 2x GTX 1080 8GB GPU; 480 GB SSD system drive; 4x 3TB WD Black in RAID 0; 1TB M.2 NVMe cache drive; Decklink 4K Extreme 12G driving calibrated Samsung SUHD grading/delivery monitor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234