Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bfjewett View Post
    I would be GREAT with this. Current DVX200 capabilities - onboard audio, HDMI etc - put in GH5s sensor/electronics for better low light - and I'm there. If the DVX200 was just a bit better in low light I'd own one today. I don't want to franken-rig a GH5/GH5s.
    Agreed. I own a DVX200 and find it to be a very good camera. But low-light is not one of it's strong points. I have to say that mine does gain up fairly cleanly (especially compared to Panasonic cameras that I have previously owned), but I really dislike using anything above 6db. Better low-light capability would be most welcome. Also, I would welcome a bit more lens telephoto and wide angle capability.

2. Collapse Details
    Would it be possible for Panasonic to produce a DVX update with an
    interchangeable MFT power zoom like the one on the existing DVX200? (hopefully a faster, lighter, and wider version of the lens)
    If they did, any new DVX could potentially have an interchangeable powered zoom as well as allowing differet MFT lenses.
    This would really set the camera apart from any GH5s and justify the price difference.

Seeing as they have a new hybrid AF system on the EVA1 that also allows electronic IS, would it be possible
    to do the same for an interchangeable MFT powered Cine zoom lens?

Panasonic could potentially sell this lens as a package deal with any new DVX or seperatly if the GH5s could
    provide power to the lens.
    If not a small external battery option attached to a tripod mount or collar may work to power the zoom.
    Two new products and potential sales for Panasonic.

Just thinking outloud !
    Last edited by tillhavis; 12-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by tillhavis View Post
    Would it be possible for Panasonic to produce a DVX update with an interchangeable MFT power zoom like the one on the existing DVX200? (hopefully a faster, lighter, and wider version of the lens)
    I would say no because it would massively increase the cost of the camera and lens. Think "double the price" just to have interchangeable lenses.

Personally I think an upgraded DVX200 with the same fixed lens and internal 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 recording would be a lot more realistic.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234