Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet Brown View Post
    Panasonic should use a 1" sensor but a m43 fixed lens like on the dvx200. And INTEGRATE a focal reducer/speedbooster IN the camera!
    I would prefer a camera with a m4/3 sensor with several ETC modes to get a longer range out of the m4/3 lens. Best of both worlds.

2. Collapse Details
    I don't see the point in a 1" sensor when the beauty of the DVX-200 is the M4/3 sensor and Panasonic already produce a more or less identical camera with a 1" sensor in it. For me you bring out another DVX-200 with improvements, internal 10bit being the main one. It should be a natural evolution, like how the GH-4 became the GH-5. Maybe lose the red side panel and make it blue or purple too ! ;-)

3. Collapse Details
    I agree. Frankly, I would love to see both a 1" and m4/3rds model with the same high end specs. The models out now are kind of so so imho.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    Since the GH5s sensor is a great performer I would expect Panasonic to use it pretty soon on a DVX200 upgrade. Why not? They already have it sorted for the GH5s. We will see at NAB.
    I hope we don't have to wait that long. I want to buy in the next month or two... thus my question about what "early" meant. Have you heard anything specific about a NAB introduction? I know it could make sense but ... m4/3 is not just for broadcast.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tillhavis View Post
    If anybody thinks Panasonic are not up against it in the broadcast and run and gun market have a look at Blackmagics
    latest offering.

http://www.newsshooter.com/2018/02/0...oadcast-camera
    JMO
    I love the Ursa Mini Broadcast form factor and functionality but would rather have m43 than 2/3" . "12+ stops". Interested in their low light performance ... don't think the UMP was so good in low light, so not sure about the Broadcast version being any better in that regard.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bjewett View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait that long. I want to buy in the next month or two... thus my question about what "early" meant. Have you heard anything specific about a NAB introduction? I know it could make sense but ... m4/3 is not just for broadcast.
    No, I have not heard anything. just internet wishful thinking!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    If only Panasonic simply released the DVX200 with a MFT mount then that alone could make many people happy!

Current price is US$3,795 for the DX200 on B&H, knock a thousand bucks off the price for not including the 12.8-167mm f2.8-4.5 lens (wish you could buy that in MFT mount!)

Even if this "DVX200 MFT" had no other changes (although 10bit internal would be sweet!) then I bet it would sell like hotcakes as a popular camera choice for many people.

On which point, the rumored 10bit upgrade for the DVX200 never happened?

https://www.43rumors.com/dvx200-to-l...-like-the-gh5/
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bjewett View Post
    I love the Ursa Mini Broadcast form factor and functionality but would rather have m43 than 2/3" . "12+ stops". Interested in their low light performance ... don't think the UMP was so good in low light, so not sure about the Broadcast version being any better in that regard.
    The UMP is pretty good in lowlight for a cinema camera, not amazingly great, but not awful either.

However the new broadcast version has a different sensor (which is 1" btw, not 2/3"), and is a notably worse sensor.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

9. Collapse Details
    After looking the specs of the Ursa Mini Broadcast, I'm even more convinced of the need to produce an interchangeable
    DVX300 (based on the GH5) that will sit below the EVA1 in terms of price.

This camera may not compete in every way with the Ursa Mini Broadcast but it would give it a good run
    for it's money and IMHO would outsell it, simply because of the versatility it would offer and
    the size and weight consideration.

Large companies and broadcasters will still opt for Sony, Panasonic and BM Broadcast equipment because of they are buying into an
    ecosystem, and require all the infrastructure and reliability this offers.
    However the small to mid-sized market and organisation are looking for (and need) the flexibility and portability of a
    GH5 in a Broadcast body.

Some will argue that it needs to be a fixed lens, or 1" sensor.
    Whatever the final specs just base it on the GH5, in a broadcast format and make it sub 5K to compete with the Ursa Mini Broadcast.

Would an interchangeable MFT DVX300 affect EVA1 sales. Maybe!
    But the market is moving in that direction anyway.

Why not be ahead of the curve and create a new market based on an already popular platfrom (MFT)
    Make it the perfect small and light run and gun/broadcast / documentary / low budget camera and watch the sales go
    through the roof.

Create one or two wide and reasonably fast power zoom lenses to cover a range of shooting scenarios and Sony, Canon and BM
    wont know what hit them.

Just make it soon !

DVX300 V2.jpg
    Last edited by tillhavis; 02-13-2018 at 05:50 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    I think fixed lens is your best chance of the camera being made. Broadcast or news and non-servo lenses are still not a great match. The odds of Panasonic creating power zooms are low imho. The DVX-200 is a niche camera. I do not know if it was considered a success for Panasonic but I think it suffers from middle of the road syndrome. They made it middle of the road from a spec point of view as a first attempt and the market viewed it as middle of the road. So where does that leave it? Well they can stop the experiment or they can make something better from a spec point of view.

This is why I suggest a 1" and m4/3rds duo. People who like servo zoom lenses often want reach. Other people who use large sensors like faster apertures. The two are not compatible. News people would be happier with a 22x lens on a 1" camera than a semi-slow 13x on a m4/3rds camera. So I say make a killer 1" camera with a fast 22x lens and also make a killer m4/3rds camera with a fast 8-10x zoom. Performance goes up and I think they would have more success in sales.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast