Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I read this thread, wow, very informative. I purchased the DVX200 after evaluating the Canon XF405. I found the images out of the camera to be quite soft. Then, when I purchased the DVX200, wow, what a difference. Razor sharp 4K video. All of my clients are extremely happy with the quality coming out of the DVX200. I really feel it is a great camera for it's price point. I used to own three Canon XF300 HD cameras and wanted to move up to 4K. Yes, I did lose some zoom range (18x) vs (13x), but the loss was minimal and moving up to 4K60P from HD 1080i made a huge difference. All my monitors in my studio are 4K so it's a great match.

I do share the feelings of most people here - i Hope the camera gets updated at some point!

2. Collapse Details
    P.S. -when i said "images out of the camera," i was referring to the canon

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I've seen prices on the DVX200 come way down. Abes of Maine has the camera at $2999, over $1000 off the original $4k+ list price. This makes me wonder if an update is coming, but that's the only hint I've seen since the original rumor of a 2018 update on the 43rumors web site.

4. Collapse Details
    Still $4195 at B&H. I don't remember if Abe's of Maine is an authorized reseller or not. When B&H's or Adorama's price drops, that would be a sign that real, actual Panasonic pricing has come down. As of right now it looks like it's still $4195.

5. Collapse Details
    Abe's of Maine is not an authorized reseller and that appears to be a gray market item. Buying gray market means no US warranty and items may be missing from the box.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Abe's of Maine is not an authorized reseller and that appears to be a gray market item. Buying gray market means no US warranty and items may be missing from the box.
    Abe’s of Maine is a notorious bait-and-switch operation. I really don’t understand how they’re still in business after years of being called out for that, except that they relocated to New Jersey to reset their BBB rating.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

7. Collapse Details
    Someone else (besides what I see here) set me straight on Abe's. I stand corrected - and so far no change at B&H (or Adorama). Curiously, though, Amazon lists it at $3319. I'll stop trying to guess what this might mean.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bfjewett View Post
    Someone else (besides what I see here) set me straight on Abe's. I stand corrected - and so far no change at B&H (or Adorama). Curiously, though, Amazon lists it at $3319. I'll stop trying to guess what this might mean.
    It probably means some gray market seller is selling it on Amazon.

9. Collapse Details
    Actually I just looked it up. That $3300 DVX200? Look who the seller is... Abe's Electronics.

10. Collapse Details
    In the "hope springs eternal" department, not much hope for a DVX200b or DVX300 anytime soon. Panasonic's online posting for NAB 2018 makes no mention of a coming surprise, as they did so effectively with the AU-EVA1.

https://business.panasonic.co.uk/pro...vents/nab-2018

GH5s technology in a DVX200 update makes a lot of sense to me, but it is a tough business. I guess a reassessment of current options is in store... rats.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast