Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Well to answer my own question, that's a resounding no. In my opinion the XF405 sensor isn't up to scratch for a low light shoot like a concert.

It's a surprisingly fun little camera for good light doco work. It's never going to rival the IQ or ergonomics of a `C`class camera but on a budget it doesn't do too badly.

However get the gain up past the mid teens - around 21db in my case out of necessity - and it all goes muddy and noisy fast. So yes, it scraped through but no, I won't be hiring one again for a night interior shoot.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by xandix View Post
    I have made an Metall Bracket to "Lift up" the Cameras to can change the Battery without remove from the Tripod.

Attachment 128090
    Do you need weapon permit for that?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcdonald View Post
    Well to answer my own question, that's a resounding no. In my opinion the XF405 sensor isn't up to scratch for a low light shoot like a concert.

It's a surprisingly fun little camera for good light doco work. It's never going to rival the IQ or ergonomics of a `C`class camera but on a budget it doesn't do too badly.

However get the gain up past the mid teens - around 21db in my case out of necessity - and it all goes muddy and noisy fast. So yes, it scraped through but no, I won't be hiring one again for a night interior shoot.
    There just to be such an elegant solutions to expose the scene correctly, here is an excerpt from my Yashica manual:

"...a lamp symbol will appear in the Exposure Window and recommend the use of movie-light. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12