Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 319
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,292
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by jbregar View Post
    I just don't get this idea that the 35mm stills "full frame" sensor size is somehow a requirement. It was (and is) very uncommon as a "look" in cinema.
    Alexa's 65mm and RED's VV Weapon contain big boy sensors, 54.12mm x 25.58mm and 40.96mm x 21.6mm, respectively.

    If anything, cinema is moving towards a world with bigger sensors.

    ---

    As far as lenses go, I think the MFT offerings are some of the nicest options available. Super fast and amazing glass out there from Voigtlander, Panasonic and Olympus. The Veydra cinema line is my favorite on that end.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    I'll have to take issue with this part of your comment.

    My APS-C Fuji lenses for my XT-2 are all metal beasts, and are much more durable than the plastic-housed full frame Nikon glass I got rid of when I switched.
    I loved my Canon L Primes and have used a variety of Nikon E and G primes but yeah, the Fujifilm lenses build quality is amazing, plus I'm happier with the optics of the glass. At least in the focal lengths available. Both Canon and Nikon have more variety but the build quality doesn't seem as tough or as polished as Fujifilm's.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Resident Preditor mcgeedigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Potomac Falls, VA
    Posts
    7,817
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Morillo View Post
    I loved my Canon L Primes and have used a variety of Nikon E and G primes but yeah, the Fujifilm lenses build quality is amazing, plus I'm happier with the optics of the glass. At least in the focal lengths available. Both Canon and Nikon have more variety but the build quality doesn't seem as tough or as polished as Fujifilm's.
    Agreed, the Fuji glass is some of the sharpest I have used.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Senior Member puredrifting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posts
    9,261
    Default
    Make sure you are all tuned in on January 8. I'm under NDA but let's just say some very cool stuff is going to be unveiled.

    And I agree, the Fujinon XT-2 is a sweet little S35 imager and the glass is superb. Tried shooting with my friends on my Crane gimbal and for some reason we couldn't get the 16mm 1.4 to AF but the kits lens would (18-135, I think?) Even the kits lens looked really good. Blew away my 80D with the 10-18 or 28mm 1.8. I'm going to probably buy the XT-2 eventually.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 12-09-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Resident Preditor mcgeedigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Potomac Falls, VA
    Posts
    7,817
    Default
    Noice.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,413
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Make sure you are all tuned in on January 8. I'm under NDA but let's just say some very cool stuff is going to be unveiled.
    Looking forward to it. For some reason I always want to support Panasonic. Something just makes sense for me and all of their cameras I have owned over the years.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    702
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Alexa's 65mm and RED's VV Weapon contain big boy sensors, 54.12mm x 25.58mm and 40.96mm x 21.6mm, respectively.

    If anything, cinema is moving towards a world with bigger sensors.

    ---

    As far as lenses go, I think the MFT offerings are some of the nicest options available. Super fast and amazing glass out there from Voigtlander, Panasonic and Olympus. The Veydra cinema line is my favorite on that end.
    I dunno. Compared to Super35, bigger stuff is still incredibly niche.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,292
    Default
    Well, most mortals can't afford those tools mentioned above besides Hollywood, ha.

    S35 is for the working man.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Samuel H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    7,769
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Make sure you are all tuned in on January 8. I'm under NDA but let's just say some very cool stuff is going to be unveiled.

    And I agree, the Fujinon XT-2 is a sweet little S35 imager and the glass is superb. Tried shooting with my friends on my Crane gimbal and for some reason we couldn't get the 16mm 1.4 to AF but the kits lens would (18-135, I think?) Even the kits lens looked really good. Blew away my 80D with the 10-18 or 28mm 1.8. I'm going to probably buy the XT-2 eventually.
    "Panasonic is going to blow your minds but I'm going to buy a Fuji". Mmmmm... XD
    I'll stay tuned, anyway.

    Personally, what I hope for from Panasonic is that they add onboard RAW recording. The most recent Panny I have used was the GH4; it is a very nice camera, but the DR is just awful. No need for a side-by-side comparison either: I would point the camera to stuff that I can easily shoot with my RX100 IV in slog2, and found myself having to decide between clipping to black half the image, or clipping to white half the image. We added all the fill we could (on a very small production, that means using the biggest reflector we had), but still the sky would always be just white.


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    4,320
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    "Panasonic is going to blow your minds but I'm going to buy a Fuji". Mmmmm... XD
    I'll stay tuned, anyway.
    Not instead of, in addition to.

    It’s pure. He’s always purchasing more gear, it’s a sickness.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •