Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by optitek View Post
    The 8mm nikkor is a retrofocal SLR design. It clears the mirror. The Zeiss standard primes are pretty deep....
    Some are. Some are not and dig way into the cavity.. http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/8mm.htm

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JRJphoto View Post
    I seem to remember one of the Red Pro Primes jutted out pretty far and caused a problem mounted on anything but a Red One. Never used it so I couldn’t say. But, like WC says: the “vast majority” of PL lenses should work.
    You might be thinking of the RED 18-80, which had a rather fat housing directly in front of the PL mount. On some non-RED cameras it could interfere with PL mount "ears" (the levers on the nut ring of some PL mounts), camera viewfinders or other mechanical parts. I remember removing these bits of housing for some owners as it was just cosmetic and did not expose anything of issue in the lens.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    You might be thinking of the RED 18-80, which had a rather fat housing directly in front of the PL mount. On some non-RED cameras it could interfere with PL mount "ears" (the levers on the nut ring of some PL mounts), camera viewfinders or other mechanical parts. I remember removing these bits of housing for some owners as it was just cosmetic and did not expose anything of issue in the lens.
    That must be it. It certainly sounds right. Thanks, Mitch. Otherwise, I heard those Red lenses were just fine.
    Jason R. Johnston
    Cinematographer

web: jasonrjohnston.com
    email: jrjphoto@gmail.com
    phone: +1 (956) 563-5056

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234