Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wooden Camera to offer PL mount modification kit for EVA1
    Well this is exciting (and unexpected), Wooden Camera are working on a PL mount modification kit for the EVA1.

https://youtu.be/yL1zZa_slqw

All my glass is PL, so I'd written off the EVA1 as option. Looks like I can start considering it again

2. Collapse Details
    Awesome! Are you considering as a replacement for your F3-type jobs?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Awesome! Are you considering as a replacement for your F3-type jobs?

That was my thinking. Though I've just read the camera doesn't do 4k at 60fps in 10 bit 4:2:2. That could be problematic precisely for those kinds of jobs.

At any rate, I don't actually think I'll need to retire the F3 anytime soon - mine's been flat out the past two months (far more so than my Arri).

4. Collapse Details
    4k 60 42 10 bit on hdmi only i think?

5. Collapse Details
    Correct but SDI will have RAW 60p

Quote Originally Posted by dcloud View Post
    4k 60 42 10 bit on hdmi only i think?

6. Collapse Details
    Very excited about the option of going PL given that I only have PL glass. EVA1 is going to be my small body for water and movi work alongside my LT so the option to share glass is very appealing. Probably my only concern is warranty. Are we saying goodbye to it by using this mount given that it appears to involve removing the existing mount from the body?
    Varicam LT, Arri FF, Bright Tangerine Mattebox, Sachtler Cine 7+7, SmallHD 503, CD 7Q+
    Tokina 11-16 PL, GL Optics/Sigma 18-35 1.8, Canon 30-105 Cinema Zoom, GL 70-200
    Leica R Duclos - 19v2 2.8, 28 2.8, 35 2.0, 50 2.0, 90 2.0, 138 2.8
    markbroadbent.com

7. Collapse Details
    looking at the EVA-1 it looks like the mount unscrews with 4 screws so it's probably possible to take it off and put it back on without causing any issues, but I doubt that this Mod is something the lawyers in Japan would be okay with
    KIT:
    Panasonic Varicam LT, Kinemax 6k, Panasonic Lumix GH5, Panasonic Lumix GH4 & YAGH.
    Lomo 25-250mm T3.2, Lomo Foton 37-140, LOMO primes 22mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm Zeiss CP1 18mm,25mm,35mm,50mm,85mm, 100mm, Nikon Ais Primes, Assorted Vintage Russian Primes (Helios 44, Jupiter 9, MIR-1A, Tair 11A,Super Albinar)
    Letus Anamorh-X pro 1.33x and 2x anamorphic adapters
    "I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke spent that on Anamorphic Lenses"

8. Collapse Details
    More info on the PL adapter mod at Newsshooter

9. Collapse Details
    Just when i ruled out the eva....

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Broadbent View Post
    Very excited about the option of going PL given that I only have PL glass. EVA1 is going to be my small body for water and movi work alongside my LT so the option to share glass is very appealing. Probably my only concern is warranty. Are we saying goodbye to it by using this mount given that it appears to involve removing the existing mount from the body?
    Here's the deal:

Panasonic is happy Wooden Camera is making this modification available to people. We like you to have choices. That said, if you take a screwdriver to your camera and mess something up installing this mount then that repair won't be under warranty. But if for some reason your SDI connector fails and you send in the camera with a PL mount attached we're not going to say "Hey there's a PL mount on this thing so we're not going to cover anything." Clearly one thing has nothing to do with the other. And if you send in a camera with a PL mount on it our service guys won't refuse to touch it, but they'll have to charge for the work.

Wooden Camera will offer to install the PL mount for an additional fee. Unless you're a rental house or some other facility with a collimator and other alignment tools I suggest you take up WC on that offer. It does mean you'll have to send your camera to Texas for the work.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast