Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    How do you find the C200 so far?
    From what i understand the C200 is either a similar 420 image to the C100 (fairly standard video cam images in my experience) or raw,
    Raw just doesn't fit our workflow and projects, for the content we produce i think the extra investment of EVA will be worthwhile for the codecs, lightweight, Panny look etc
    Plus coming from the AF101 I'm essentially starting from scratch so I have no current investment in either system in terms of additional kit.
    I almost love the image out of the C300mk2, its so rich. Its only the weight and ergonomics that put the brakes on that cam for me, I do a lot of hand held.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    They had the Zacuto Loupe at the Hollywood Premiere event I went to. Not sure if the arm of the EVA 1 we saw was broken, just messed up or that's the way they all are but putting the loupe on the EVA 1 screen caused the screen to sag and fall down? The rep tried tightening down the adjustment nut but the monitor still fell with the loupe attached. I had to manually hold the screen in place to be able to get a look through the loupe, it was disappointing. Can any new EVA 1 owners comment on the strength and build quality of the arm that holds up the monitor? Curious if the one I saw was broken or if it ia just a fragile arm?
    That's not how the Zacuto Z-Finder loupe is designed to be supported. The center of gravity is too far out so instead the LCD is to be taken off the camera's mount, inserted into the rear of the Z-Finder, and then the Z-Finder has a mount to the camera. This works fine.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic Media Entertainment Corporation

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    There are several options for EVFs that will work on the EVA1. Note that the EVA1 can output much of the information displays to either the SDI or HDMI ports, but if you want all of the LCD functions such as Focus Assist, waveform, tilt/inclination indicator, then this is only available via the SDI port.

Available EVFs for the EVA1 include:

Zacuto OLED Gratical.
    There are several models available, including ones that can self-power off of DSLR battery and ones with a host of exposure, focus assist and other tools built in. Also note that some are SDI or HDMI only.

Blackmagic Design OLED EVF.
    The design is meant to physically mount to the BMD URSA Mini cameras, so you'd either have to do some metal work to get it on the EVA1 or buy the modification kits from Tilta or Wooden Camera.

VariCam LT OLED viewfinder.
    This is a lovely viewfinder I can't praise enough (yeah, biased) but I will also note that it costs nearly as much as the camera.

Some older LCD options from Alphatron, Kinotehnik and Cineroid.
    I believe the Alphatron is no longer made (not sure, but I know it was no longer under the Alphatron name). The Kinotehnik is HDMI only. Cineroid has several variants. These units all use cell phone LCD panels and vary in range from around $400 to $900. Some include mounting hardware.

For Loupes that will fit the Panasonic LCD, currently the only model I know if that fits is the Zacuto Z-Finder made for the EVA1.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    There are several options for EVFs that will work on the EVA1. Note that the EVA1 can output much of the information displays to either the SDI or HDMI ports, but if you want all of the LCD functions such as Focus Assist, waveform, tilt/inclination indicator, then this is only available via the SDI port.

Available EVFs for the EVA1 include:

Zacuto OLED Gratical.
    There are several models available, including ones that can self-power off of DSLR battery and ones with a host of exposure, focus assist and other tools built in. Also note that some are SDI or HDMI only.

Blackmagic Design OLED EVF.
    The design is meant to physically mount to the BMD URSA Mini cameras, so you'd either have to do some metal work to get it on the EVA1 or buy the modification kits from Tilta or Wooden Camera.

VariCam LT OLED viewfinder.
    This is a lovely viewfinder I can't praise enough (yeah, biased) but I will also note that it costs nearly as much as the camera.

Some older LCD options from Alphatron, Kinotehnik and Cineroid.
    I believe the Alphatron is no longer made (not sure, but I know it was no longer under the Alphatron name). The Kinotehnik is HDMI only. Cineroid has several variants. These units all use cell phone LCD panels and vary in range from around $400 to $900. Some include mounting hardware.

For Loupes that will fit the Panasonic LCD, currently the only model I know if that fits is the Zacuto Z-Finder made for the EVA1.
    I would add to this list the Zacuto EVF Pro. I bought a demo unit from Zacuto for my C100 for less than $400.00 and it was basically like new. It's not nearly as nice as the Graticals, but it costs a fraction as much. Runs off of Canon LP-E6 batteries, same as the Gratical, is HDMI only and is missing some nice functions like internal LUTS, internal waveform, etc. but the EVA 1 can probably output at least some of the needed fuctions via HDMI? As far as usability, it works pretty well, gets the job done and is high enough resolution for critical focus. https://store.zacuto.com/z-finder-evf-pro/ Keep on eye out on their clearance and you can probably pick up a demo for around $400.00 to $500.00 when they have them.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    That's not how the Zacuto Z-Finder loupe is designed to be supported. The center of gravity is too far out so instead the LCD is to be taken off the camera's mount, inserted into the rear of the Z-Finder, and then the Z-Finder has a mount to the camera. This works fine.
    Thanks for the clarification Mitch. The Panasonic rep who mounted it for us at the Hollywood presentation must not have known this either, we thought perhaps the LCD arm had been broken since those were demo/prototype cameras. The way you say to mount it makes more sense.
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

6. Collapse Details
    There was a battery coming out for EVA-1 that could power the camera + the Gratical Eye all in one, correct? What was the name of this battery, and what was the ETA of it?

7. Collapse Details
    I have been encouraging a couple of companies to offer products in this direction, but none have hit the market yet. I think I'll be seeing an early sample soon, but I can't say when these products will be on the market. It also isn't my place to identify these companies, as that's something they will do on their own when they are ready.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

8. Collapse Details
    Gotcha. Ok. But safe to say, not before Q1 2018 if you haven't even seen an early sample yet? And likely later?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Gotcha. Ok. But safe to say, not before Q1 2018 if you haven't even seen an early sample yet? And likely later?
    I wouldn't say that. These are not Panasonic products, they are products from other companies. I may have suggested they make such items, but they are not beholden to me to okay their product plans. I might see a sample and it hits the market the next day. That said, I expect I'll likely see at least one thing soon and if they're on track to what I'm guessing then it would be ready within a month. But I really only know a smidge more than you.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12