Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Collapse Details
    I think I wrote about this elsewhere but I might as well put it into this thread too for those researching buying the C200.
    Yes, Canon enabled simultaneous output of SDI and HDMI, but true to form, when you try to monitor both at the same time,
    you CANNOT turn off screen overlay on the SDI output, whih makes this new "feature" useless for many trying to monitor HDMI while sending SDI to a switcher,
    live stream computer, etc. You cannot default the overlay to HDMI, it sticks to the SDI output and cannot be turned off. Such horrible crippling.

Thanks Canon, really useful.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it was a disappointing choice by Canon. Hasn't bitten me yet though. I've been using the SDI as a monitor connection and the HDMI for wireless transmission (I can toggle readouts on and off on that). But for anyone hoping to do the opposite, you're out of luck.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Yeah, it was a disappointing choice by Canon. Hasn't bitten me yet though. I've been using the SDI as a monitor connection and the HDMI for wireless transmission (I can toggle readouts on and off on that). But for anyone hoping to do the opposite, you're out of luck.
    All of our vMix systems have the BMD Decklink Quad 2 cards, SDI input only and we are often running distances beyond HDMI's capability. Canon really screwed us over here.
    So we can run SDI to our live stream system but have nothing to feed my ATEM Mini Pro that we use for the camera ops to monitor when we have 3-5 cameras stacked so that
    the ops can see each others shots and make sure they aren're replicating framing. If you unplug
    HDMI output, the overlay on the SDI out magically disappears. Soooooo frustrating Canon. Why would they do that?
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314