1. Collapse Details
    Handheld 4K Filming on 5DMKIV - Tamron 15-30 F2.8 VR vs Canon 16-35 F2.8 III ?
    Hello,

I'm looking for a lens to compensate for the 4K crop in video mode on my Canon 5D Mark IV.

I would have loved for the Canon 16-35 F2.8 III to have Image Stabilization, but alas it does not.

Have any of you used the Tamron 15-30 F2.8 with the Vibration Reduction for filming?

I recently tried filming handheld on a lens with no image stabilization, and even though I was very still, filming a person speaking, I was not a fan of the "micro-jitters".

Would something like a shoulder mount substantially reduce the amount of micro-jitters that could occur if filming on Canon's 16-35 F2.8 III?

2. Collapse Details
    Shoulder mounts could help, but I think you'll definitely find the best results with a wider lens with IS.

There aren't many choices below 20mm (at least of a decent speed), but the 15-30 would be a good one if the IS worked well.

3. Collapse Details
    Is there a reason you can't use a video monopod or tripod?

4. Collapse Details
    The use would be filming in a confined space under time constraints, where a tripod may not fit and could be too bulky to move quickly -- good point about the monopod though.

I've had good results just hand-holding my Canon 5D Mark IV with the 24-105 F4 IS II lens - but I need to deliver in 4K for this assignment so it's cheaper for me to rent a lens than another 4K camera.

5. Collapse Details
    16-35 F4 will be better, DPAF seem do not work very well with the Tamron. I am using the 24-70 VC.

6. Collapse Details
    Why not use a one-hand-capable gimbal (e.g. Crane 2) with the Canon 16-35? That will give you the smoothest results vs. any lens/camera/shoulder stabilizer.