1. Collapse Details
    Varizoom won't control Iris or Focus?
    I have this varizoom controller:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ontroller.html
    which is supposed to allow for remote focus and iris control, but doesn't.
    Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing in camera?
    Zoom and record work, but that is it.
    Both plugs are correctly plugged in, too ;)

2. Collapse Details
    There are settings for determining if the focus and iris.are controlled.by camera.co trol, or by remote app (iPad). Try changing those and see if it works, it should.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry. I'm going to look some more. I checked the SW settings and manual settings etcetera. No luck yet.
    Ipad? The varizoom will lock out manual iris control on-camera but still won't let the varizoom control it.

I didn't know the hmc150 could be controlled by remote app - ipad???

4. Collapse Details
    ACK - I thought this was for a UX180. Sorry, no there's no app for the HMC150.

As for controls on the HMC150... I think it's just the auto/manual iris button and autofocus switches. Set those both to manual, and it should work. There may be a switch or control on the Varizoom that determines whether it thinks it's controlling or whether the camera's controlling, so you'll have to check for that too. It's been a while since I've had/used a Varizoom so I can't tell you exactly, but it seems like there may have been a remote/local control on it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Barry.
    So I fiddled with it some more today and got it to work finally. The only way it works is if I plug in the Iris/Focus jack 1st (in manual mode of course). And then plug in the zoom jack 2nd. Since the orientation of the plugs is backwards on the cable to how they are on the camera it is much easier to plug in the zoom jack 1st, which is what I have always done, and thus never worked. It really has to either be upside-down or cross the cables to get them both plugged in.
    Anway, I went through all the menus and buttons and was just about to decide the Varizoom was partially faulty when I tried the reverse plug in order.
    Glad it works!

6. Collapse Details
    Quick Note:

If the 150 software is like several other (older) PannyCams, there is an adjustment for the responsiveness of focus control which can dramatically change how your controller works.

Grant

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.