1. Collapse Details
    Lumix G 12-35mm II vs. Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm
    I am deciding on the first all-around lens for GH5.

Considering Lumix G 12-35mm II and Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm.

Any advise welcome.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    For me the choice of the extra reach was the difference....the 12-60 is only 1/2 stop slower than the 12-35 at 35mm, so the speed difference is not significant...the extra 25mm of reach is though IMO

4. Collapse Details
    I used to have the 12-35mm Mark 1, but now my favorite lens is the 12-60mm Leica/Panasonic.
    The 12-60mm with the extra range is the perfect all round lens!

But both are excellent lenses, the 12-35mm is, in my very subjective opinion, a micro tad better in rendering colors but it does not balance against the wider range of the 12-60mm.

So I am quite happy with the 12-60mm.
    Last edited by Cary Knoop; 10-01-2017 at 06:02 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Has anyone noticed any micro jitters in the Lumix 12-35 mk II? Apparently it is a common problem with the 35-100 mk II.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan O. View Post
    Has anyone noticed any micro jitters in the Lumix 12-35 mk II? Apparently it is a common problem with the 35-100 mk II.
    I have both the 12-35 Mk I and 35-100 Mk I Panasonic lenses, and the 35-100 has terrible micro-jitters. Even after updating it to the latest firmware, it's still too jittery for handheld video -- even on the GH5 body with IBIS. (My wife likes it for photography, however.) I also have the Leica/Panasonic 12-60, and it's nice. However, my normal go-to video lens on my GH5 is Panasonic's 14-140 Mk II. It is stable and has great reach, and looks good with 4K video. Zoomed all the way out to 140 and with the GH5 on the "extended tele" setting, I can shoot butterflies and bees on flowers handheld with minimal shake. The 35-100 Mk I does not get nearly as close and is far more jittery. My wife it not as crazy about the 14-140 Mk II as a photographic lens, though.

Bob