1. Collapse Details
    Hello from Tampa, FL
    Hi all. My name is Peter Scondras and I work in Broadcast TV. I started as a live sports/entertainment cameraman and now I'm working for an engineering group that owns 10 mobile units. If you watch college football on CBS and ABC then you've seen our work. I joined the forum because I'd like to switch from broadcast to digital cinema in due time. I'm currently shooting a documentary with a GH4/YAGH setup to an Atomos Shogun. My goals are to enter this doc and many more short films to contests all over FL. Feel free to PM me if you are in FL and would like to shoot a short film. I have multiple scripts but limited funds like all other inde filmakers lol. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. And thanks to the admins for a very well organized forum. Looking forward to meeting many great people in the community

Best,

Pete

2. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Glad to see you are still able to post, that storm was pretty ugly for Flordidians. Good luck with your ventures, have a Cuban espresso for me, and a Cuban Sammich too. If you really want to mess with the Cuban behind the counter, as for a full size cup of espresso, not a kiddie cup. It blows their minds ;)

3. Collapse Details
    Haha. Thanks Capt. I was lucky enough to get power and cable back yesterday

4. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    That is one nice part of living off grid, I don't have to wait for anybody. A lot of folks lost power around us too, but we never even noticed.

5. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the forum Peter. I hope you find it informative & interesting - I know I do. And I think you'll find all kinds of backgrounds / experiences here.
    I started out - many many years ago - as an ENG cameraman and also worked on quite a few live productions through the years. Now focus mostly on corporate & commercial work.

6. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the forum, fellow Tampaite.

Hurricane was rather weak over here in St. Pete. Power was out for a couple days, back on last night.

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Mark. Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to take the same path as you. Any tips for creating a great demo reel to show potential customers lol?

Hi Eric. Great to hear from someone else in the bay area. I'm glad the hurricane was weak over there. Now we just have to see what this next one decides to do lol