1. Collapse Details
    HVX200-Redrock M2 adapter independent feature - 2009
    Title pretty much sums it up. I shot this indie feature 8 years ago with the above mentioned setup. I had 3 Nikon lenses, 35mm F2, 50mm F2 and an 85mm F2. Lighting package consisted of 3 1.2 HMI Par, 4x4ft quad KINO-FLOS and that was it! I had a fairly sparse grip package also. I supplied all the cam gear as well as shot STEADICAM. I used a FLYER LE. Any questions about specific scenes I would be happy to answer. This shoot lasted 24 days with very few days off. Shooting began Sept 30 2009 and ended sometime in mid to end of October. You do the math. I had almost no trained crew with the exception of the sound man. He was actually a Canadian film veteran having worked with many of the A list Canadian directors! Not sure why he did this shoot but it was great to work with him.

I never thought this would see the light of day as we didn't actually finish. We needed to do a lot of re-shoots. But as you will see they never happened. Quite a learning experience for me.

As I said any questions just ask.

Cheers.

The video has been taken down.

Cheers.
    Last edited by MDKfilms; 10-02-2018 at 04:37 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Just an update:
    It has been almost ten years since I shot this low budget indie feature using the original HVX200 with the original M2 adapter and just recently I was contacted by an American producer who now has the rights to the project, so hopefully he will be finishing the edit, with the addition of some more b-roll. Wow!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKfilms View Post
    Just an update:
    It has been almost ten years since I shot this low budget indie feature using the original HVX200 with the original M2 adapter and just recently I was contacted by an American producer who now has the rights to the project, so hopefully he will be finishing the edit, with the addition of some more b-roll. Wow!
    Holy cow! What an amazing piece of news dude! Congrats and keep us posted!
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Mike,
    I sure will. I wonder if ten years from now DVXuser will still be around? Maybe damn dirty apes will be ruling the world! Or at least the U.S anyway, like in all the films. Me, I’m thinking zombies will take over the planet. Then with their stunted thinking they will form some kind of rudimentary government. Perhaps with elections, perhaps not. Or with the appearance of said elections they will install a puppet leader who is controlled by the zombie elite! Wow! What an idea for a film! And then eventually the zombie leader will be taken down due to scandal. Alas, the fate of any leader. But we need a love interest? Sigourney Weaver! Sure, she’ll do it. So Siggy lands on the planet disguised as an alien. Nice! She infiltrates the zombie capitol posing as an encyclopaedia sales woman, pc here, then when she gains the trust of the Pres, let’s just use that nomenclature for now, she learns that he, or she, is not a bad guy, or girl, and realizes that the real evil is.......................

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKfilms View Post
    Hey Mike,
    I sure will. I wonder if ten years from now DVXuser will still be around? Maybe damn dirty apes will be ruling the world! Or at least the U.S anyway, like in all the films. Me, I’m thinking zombies will take over the planet. Then with their stunted thinking they will form some kind of rudimentary government. Perhaps with elections, perhaps not. Or with the appearance of said elections they will install a puppet leader who is controlled by the zombie elite! Wow! What an idea for a film! And then eventually the zombie leader will be taken down due to scandal. Alas, the fate of any leader. But we need a love interest? Sigourney Weaver! Sure, she’ll do it. So Siggy lands on the planet disguised as an alien. Nice! She infiltrates the zombie capitol posing as an encyclopaedia sales woman, pc here, then when she gains the trust of the Pres, let’s just use that nomenclature for now, she learns that he, or she, is not a bad guy, or girl, and realizes that the real evil is.......................
    idk what all that was.... but it was awesome... haha
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

6. Collapse Details
    Hey Mike,
    Yeah, it’s an idea for a zombie movie. Don’t think Siggy will do it though.