1. Collapse Details
    DVX-200 Error message?
    Cool
    Hey everyone, I think I have seen something posted about this in the past here. But yesterday, I was shooting UHD 4k, 60fps, and using a Transcend-64Gb, SDXC, U-3 card formatted by the camera. About 20-30 seconds in, I see this Error message that say's
    " Error Recording Stopped" Nothing else, it was a pretty quick message, so could have been more, not sure, I started the recording up again, and this time it did it again, about 2 minutes in. so I shut the camera off, swapped cards, second card put in the first and the first card in to the second slot. Turned it on and then shot a number of clips with no more error messages. The memory cards are no where near capacity. I'm also using the latest firmware, 1.83.

Anyone else have this experience and maybe an understanding of what caused it, and a fix?

Thanks,

2. Collapse Details
    I would try formatting the cards fully (not "quick" like the camera does) using the Panasonic computer-based utility.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oad/index.html

3. Collapse Details
    Here's a related question....

I usually shoot in Simultaneous mode for redundancy with a 256Gb card in slot 2 and a 64Gb card in slot 1. If one card fails will the DVX200 continue writing to the other card?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chapman View Post
    Here's a related question....

I usually shoot in Simultaneous mode for redundancy with a 256Gb card in slot 2 and a 64Gb card in slot 1. If one card fails will the DVX200 continue writing to the other card?
    I just did a test that shows good results wrt my question. I was setup with my standard configuration (as described above) and popped a card out while recording. The camera display immediately shows the red icon on the removed card *but* keeps recording. When the recording is stopped (using the RECORD button) the camera shows the "Recording stopped...." error. The good news is that the video on the "other card" is intact. Hopefully, it will have the same behavior if it comes across a card error as opposed to me physically removing a card.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chapman View Post
    I just did a test that shows good results wrt my question. I was setup with my standard configuration (as described above) and popped a card out while recording. The camera display immediately shows the red icon on the removed card *but* keeps recording. When the recording is stopped (using the RECORD button) the camera shows the "Recording stopped...." error. The good news is that the video on the "other card" is intact. Hopefully, it will have the same behavior if it comes across a card error as opposed to me physically removing a card.
    Ok, answered my own question (from Barry Green's book):

"Be aware that if you’re recording on two different memory cards, one card
    may fill up before the other one does; if that happens, the camera will
    ignore the full card and continue recording to the one slot that does have
    available space — but obviously you wouldn’t have a duplicate/backup of
    that material. And if one of your memory cards encounters a hardware
    failure, recording will continue on the other card — but obviously you
    won’t have a backup of that recording (since, of course, the other memory
    card failed!)"

6. Collapse Details
    When I first got my DVX last year I had a selection of name brand cards all meeting the required spec. I was surprised that some Samsung brand cards and Sony cards, that worked great in my Canon's, would create a "error" message (can't remember exactly what the camera said, may have been card error or incompatible card or something like that) even after formatting both in-camera and the PC utility (they worked and still work fine in the Canon's). I have since "standardized" all my cards to the SanDisk brand and have had no issues and keep the others as dedicated backups for the Canon fleet. It does seem that the DVX can be a bit "picky" and I recall some other, earlier, posts that described the same behavior. Computer geeks have told me that SD cards eventually "wear out" after so many record/erase cycles, or become slow and prone to errors, so there may be a finite lifespan to these things though no one I have spoken with can venture a maximum duty cycle so it can be predicted. FWIW I seem to have had "bad luck" with Transcend cards in the past. I suspect some may have been counterfeit so I am reluctant to condemn them completely. I have learned to buy cards from a name brand reputable authorized retailer (like B&H) as opposed to discount sellers on e-bay in an attempt to preclude ending up with a counterfeit card (the Transcends came from a cheap e-bay retailer).

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    When I first got my DVX last year I had a selection of name brand cards all meeting the required spec. I was surprised that some Samsung brand cards and Sony cards, that worked great in my Canon's, would create a "error" message (can't remember exactly what the camera said, may have been card error or incompatible card or something like that) even after formatting both in-camera and the PC utility (they worked and still work fine in the Canon's). I have since "standardized" all my cards to the SanDisk brand and have had no issues and keep the others as dedicated backups for the Canon fleet. It does seem that the DVX can be a bit "picky" and I recall some other, earlier, posts that described the same behavior. Computer geeks have told me that SD cards eventually "wear out" after so many record/erase cycles, or become slow and prone to errors, so there may be a finite lifespan to these things though no one I have spoken with can venture a maximum duty cycle so it can be predicted. FWIW I seem to have had "bad luck" with Transcend cards in the past. I suspect some may have been counterfeit so I am reluctant to condemn them completely. I have learned to buy cards from a name brand reputable authorized retailer (like B&H) as opposed to discount sellers on e-bay in an attempt to preclude ending up with a counterfeit card (the Transcends came from a cheap e-bay retailer).
    I use Sandisk Extreme Pro from B&H. No errors (yet?).

8. Collapse Details
    It might be a card issue, I can'r remember where I got them from. Although these transcend cards have worked in all my cameras, Sony, Panasonic, Nikon, The DVX-200 is the first camera I have ever had any card issues with, period. I'm headed up North on a long trip, I think I'm going to Stop at B&H's big store and pickup some SD cards. Never been to there store before, but man do they have a lot of my money! LOL! I'll get some Sandisk cards and see how they work.