Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I just ordered a 5DM4 last week. B&H is going to open the box and install the battery into the camera so it can be shipped over to Japan. I hope the low light is close to the 6D that I'm using now for astral time lapses. The added resolution will be a nice bonus, and I'm counting on the 4K video looking better than my HD from 6D. I considered the Sony A7s/A7R cams for low light but read too many mixed reviews so decided to stick with Canon dSLRs for now. I paid full price and also got the battery grip because I expect it to eat batteries faster than the 6D. Yeah, the grip is too expensive for what it is, but I'm loath to stick a 3rd party knock-off into this camera, or the knock off batteries. I actually tried putting off the purchase but I have the Ramper Pro intervalometer and it makes use of the PC Sync jack on the camera, which I then realized my 6D was MISSING! So, had to get the 5DM4 at that point.
    Last edited by Mark Watson; 03-01-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelng

2. Collapse Details
    It's a great camera. And I don't think low-light is bad. 6400 ISO was always pretty usable for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12