1. Collapse Details
    Windows DVD Authoring/burning software recommendations
    I haven't burned a dvd since Encore 5.5. Client needs me to master a bunch of videos to DVD which I will send off to another company to make duplications. I need some sort of Windows (10) software to do a basic menu and then burn some master DVDs. They need to be DVD-9s (dual layered NOT double sided).

I know of Roxio and Nero, but I have no idea. It may be a repeat gig, but other then that I don't plan on using it a ton.

Good side is that the client is paying for everything (software, media and burner)

Any recommendations?

2. Collapse Details
    My favorite is DVD Architect. There's a light and pro version, you'll have to compare to see what's best for you. They can do pre-made simple template stuff or more complex DVDs/blurays with first play menus, region locking, protection etc... It's also stable, unlike Encore-Adobe's previous offering, but now discontinued.

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've been using it the last couple of days and really like it.

Are you working with the Sony version or the bought out version (Magix)? I'm using the Magix one. I've burned 17 different DVDs, same looking menu just different content.I keep getting the error "Could not suggest a valid layer break region because the Smart Prepare data was corrupt or not accessible." I cannot find anywhere to fix it... any ideas? I've tried rebuilding the entire menu and project, re-encoded the files and no luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    I have used DVD-Lab Pro and IMGburn successfully for many years. It takes a while to get one's head was round DVD-Lab, but it is capable of creating very complex DVD menus. It does not do blu-ray. There is a great user forum at http://www.mmbforums.com/viewforum.php?f=10

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html
    Regards,

Mark

GH5, Panasonic 12-60, 14-45, 45-175, Olympus 60 macro, 75-300, Benro S6 Tripod, Rhino Carbon 24" Slider, and Edius 8.5 WG.
    Video channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/3523
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29#1/2063

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by El Director View Post
    It's also stable, unlike Encore-Adobe's previous offering, but now discontinued.
    I've had decent results with Encore DVD since a couple years. I make all my menus in Photoshop and animated menus in After Effects, so when importing the .PSD and videos in Encore, it's ready to author.
    I don't remember losing a project with it so far. It crashed a couple times when dealing with heavy project, but I think it comes bundled with all Adobe's products! ;)
    I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.

6. Collapse Details
    I've found the quality of DVDs burned with TMPG Authoring Works 6 to be far better than DVDs created with encore. YMMV. Worth a look. From memory they have a fully functional trial for 30 days.

7. Collapse Details
    If you are using Premiere Pro CC then CS6 including Encore is part of your subscription. (Nope, they never told me about it either). Encore 6 will work with PP CC and I think there is a way to make the dynamic links work too.
    Otto
    Camera Dude

Effing the ineffable since sometimes in the sixties...