Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post
    I didn't want to comment the footage and still won't.

What poked me to the eye was big 4k title, but uploaded as HD to YT.
    So you can really see the difference in quality of 4k 10 bit raw 60 fps slow motion.

I could easily upload uprezed 4:4:4 SD footage to make the point.
    Yeah, that too. YouTube is free, it is mystifying why so many shoot and edit 4K and upload to only 1080 or even 720/480? It doesn't cost anymore to upload to 4K, does it? Must be the ADD out there, people are too busy to upload 4K, that would take an extra 10 minutes over 1080?
    Gear matters. But just a little. Story is everything.

2. Collapse Details
    New RAW footage:

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mosesm View Post
    New RAW footage:

Wow that's some of the best footage I've seen yet. I ran his explanation of his post process through a translator (my German is a bit rusty having never spoken it), and he said "I interpreted the video in DaVinci as Clog3 and exported as Pro 422 and cut in Final Cut. Since I have not yet the studio version of DaVinci, unfortunately "only" UHD was possible and no real Cinema 4k, so you can not see here the full potential of the C200"

I'm not sure why some are saying you can't compare this camera to a RED...

4. Collapse Details
    Warning! Warning!
    It appears that a lot of people suffer from heart racing, cold sweats and mood change after reading my posts.
    Also, a lot of them accidentally tapped the unhelpful arrow after reading it.
    This post is one of that kind of posts.
    Warning! Warning!

All relevant footage you will ever need can be found here:

https://vimeo.com/geoffboyle

and stills here (in pro and amateur flavors):

http://www.cinematography.net/EXR-EVALS.html

http://cinematography.net/CE-2017%20STILLS.html

You can even predict how will the new camera from concurrent manufacturer behave.

Manny here have focused on bit-depth and bandwidth numbers, forgetting what's the king of post-production workflow: metadata.
    High-end cameras and lenses have that option for ages, it would be liberating to see that in this price range.

C200 here have the chance to swipe the floor with _____________ (put the name of your favorite C200 concurrent camera here), since they produce both the lenses and the body.
    However, knowing how good Canon departments communicate between themselves and the fact that Canon children suffer from eternal perdition, I doubt that C200 will take advantage of that.

I still haven't seen the RAW light whitepapers, but if every frame contains lens information, that alone, with great focus assist (even AF), could be the two biggest advantages of C200 over the competition.
    Last edited by laverdir; 09-13-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: V1.01 Didn't like the composition of third sentence.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mosesm View Post
    New RAW footage:

Gorgeous footage. Really nice skin tones here. I agree, there's no reason not to compare the C200 with RED (or even Alexa) based on footage like this.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    It does look nice...it actually reminds me of the 4K/4.6K very much...a little mix.

7. Collapse Details
    It would have made my day if that most recent example footage was 24p. It looks good, but why can't anyone show something of this caliber in 24p? Everything I'm seeing is 60p. Is anyone shooting non-slowmo these days? I just need to see some raw lite footage with skin tones at 24p from a capable shooter to get a decent sense of motion.

8. Collapse Details
    4K/60p on a Canon camera is the holy grail...expect nothing else...seriously, haha.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yophoto91 View Post
    It would have made my day if that most recent example footage was 24p. It looks good, but why can't anyone show something of this caliber in 24p? Everything I'm seeing is 60p. Is anyone shooting non-slowmo these days? I just need to see some raw lite footage with skin tones at 24p from a capable shooter to get a decent sense of motion.
    The worst is when it's 60P not slowed down. I don't understand those people.

10. Collapse Details
    Some people actually shoot 60p for their work. It's not just for over-cranking.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast