Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I will always remember this camera for the birth of slow-motion...in my mind.

One of the first videos I've ever seen shot with it...

Not safe for work - https://vimeo.com/42391572
    Where do you work?? :-o

Seems safe for work to me! :-D

2. Collapse Details
    Still using my FS700/O7Q+ virtually every week, continue to love it! Only reason to change would be size, but I have a couple of other smaller cameras for when I need to be more portable. This was me with it last week shooting at a track day.

IMG_20170911_105925.jpg
    Thanks for reading my post

Jonathan Warner
    Corporate filmmaker

3. Collapse Details
    I just returned home from a month shooting in very remote outback Australia with the FS700/Shogun Inferno combo.

And of course, true to Murphy's law, I dropped the camera when we were about as far as possible from civilisation. The lens took the brunt of the fall and snapped the lens mount off the camera. Possibly repairable, but definitely not without a long wait.

We drove 8 hours to the nearest phone reception, where we were able to ring around a few camera stores to see what they had available. We even tried leveraging a Canon Pro rep to see if they could have anything expidited. Unfortunately there was nothing - no FS5/7's, C100's, etc - in stock anywhere outside of Sydney or Melbourne, and with even the 'express' mail service to our location taking about 10 days we were actually pretty close to flying from Darwin to Singapore (which is almost as close as Darwin-Sydney) in order to walk into a shop and buy one. We decided to do one more scan of film groups on Facebook and, in the hour since we last checked, someone had just posted an FS700R for sale in Queensland. We jumped on it, and I noticed the seller had a mutual friend with me - who happened to be a pro surfer. Now, pro surfers are legendary for their ability to get bulky & fragile baggage (eg a bag with 8-10 surfboards) into the remotest corners of the world on a shoestring budget, so we had this guy collect it and somehow talk his way into getting it on a next-flight courier service to Darwin for pennies.

We drove the 18 hours to meet it at Darwin airport, and after re-arranging our program a bit ended up only a day and a half behind schedule. I was thrilled that we managed to find an FS700 because our other options were either an FS5, at triple the price, or a C100mkII which can't do half of what the FS700 does.

Long story short, in mid-2017 I've just bought myself another FS700 and plan on using it for a few more years still!
    VIDEO PRODUCER ON THE NSW NORTH COAST, AUSTRALIA
    Sony FS700 || Shogun Inferno
    Adobe CC 2018

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrizigany View Post
    Still love mine and can't afford to upgrade... saddest thing about it being discontinued is that now it's unlikely that Sony will update the firmware to support new lenses etc...
    Did the Sony 18-105mm f4 ever get supported? I think it didn't?
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
    Did the Sony 18-105mm f4 ever get supported? I think it didn't?
    Yes it did. I have one that I use regularly on my fs700r

6. Collapse Details
    But does it do the in camera correction for the lens distortion of the 18-105?

As it varies throughout the zoom. So you can't fix the 4K raw in post if the camera isn't doing the fix in camera beforehand.
    Am a Sound Recordist in New Zealand: http://ironfilm.co.nz/sound/
    Follow my vlog and adventures in sound: https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

7. Collapse Details
    It does it in-camera but only for internal recordings, not when recording raw.

Cinematographer, Editor
    FS700
    / A6300 / GoPro Hero 6
    Documentary
    / Filmmaking / Corporate video

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidumo View Post
    It does it in-camera but only for internal recordings, not when recording raw.
    Correct. As far as I know it does no in-camera correction for any lens when recording raw. But the 18-105 was one of the last to be included with the FS700R updates for in-camera recording. It works great. It stays on my camera most of the time

9. Collapse Details
    I have two questions:

How much is the raw license for the FS700R?
    Does this device work directly with the Atomos Shogun Inferno without the interface unit?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
    I have two questions:

How much is the raw license for the FS700R?
    Does this device work directly with the Atomos Shogun Inferno without the interface unit?
    The ‘R’ model has the raw upgrade already done at factory so no additional cost and it works directly with the Atomos Shogun.
    Sony NEX-FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8GM, SEL 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4, FE 28-70 | Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Mojave
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Mojave

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast