Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What Happened to JuicedLink ?
    Cool
    ...It looks like JuicedLink has disappeared from the market ???

Any ideas what is going on ???

2. Collapse Details
    I was just looking them up myself and noticed their site is gone. They made good quality products but not the most user friendly.
    RED Raven - Panasonic DVX200 - Panasonic Lumix GH4

3. Collapse Details
    Question was recently asked somewhere else too, and I mentioned how B&H has most of their products listed as discontinued. Maybe they are done.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes Dingo, their website is indeed down.. AND many of their products show "No longer available" though B&H. Not a good sign.
    Maybe they got sued by Zaxcom for the 'Little Darling' audio recorder. Similar to the Zaxcom v. Teac US patent infringement case, but JuicedLink likely does not very deep pockets.
    Just speculating, I don't know for sure either way.

5. Collapse Details
    Rockin the Boat
    Too bad. But to be fair, they didn't have enough differentiation in their products from similar stuff available from Tascam, Zoom etc. - the claim was better quality, but it wasn't enough given the substantial price premium compared to Tascam etc. Plus, I think they really mishandled the Little Darling thing - they were way, way late to the market. I don't know if the legal patent thing was a factor, but even if it wasn't, it was a day late and dollar short - again, Tascam is there with a comparable product at a cheap price; had JL come out with it in the original time frame they indicated (actually it's just one guy, from what I understand), they'd have a couple of years of exclusive sales to build up market share, but they dragged their feet forever and by the time they came out, it was basically irrelevant given the options. It's a tough market and not very big.

6. Collapse Details
    My memory was that JuicedLink was ahead of many companies in providing useful audio accessories for small/consumer DV camcorders. Ya, there was Beachtek and some others, but JuiceLink carved out a niche for themselves. I think they did OK with some audio kit for DSLRs, too. But then as OldCorpse says, Tascam, Zoom, etc. joined the party.

With Little DARling, IIRC they first showed prototypes in 2014 but didn't ship until two years later. Could be they started development way before Tascam started working on the DR-10. But such a small company, together with the Zaxcom patent may have put a damper on expansion and outside investors.

But I have no idea.

Hope we learn what's up soon and hope the people there land somewhere good.
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    The juicedLink Youtube channel is gone. My two favorites were a clear and simple demo of shotgun mic placement and an endearingly dorky demo of how to hold your camcorder in one hand and a boom pole in the other. Robert Rozak, I hope you're okay!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Yes Dingo, their website is indeed down.. AND many of their products show "No longer available" though B&H. Not a good sign.
    Maybe they got sued by Zaxcom for the 'Little Darling' audio recorder. Similar to the Zaxcom v. Teac US patent infringement case, but JuicedLink likely does not very deep pockets.
    Just speculating, I don't know for sure either way.
    Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw this thread, that maybe Zaxcom bankrupted them :-/ :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Ram S.O.S View Post
    I was just looking them up myself and noticed their site is gone. They made good quality products but not the most user friendly.

http://www.juicedlink.com/

Nooooooo! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    The juicedLink Youtube channel is gone. My two favorites were a clear and simple demo of shotgun mic placement and an endearingly dorky demo of how to hold your camcorder in one hand and a boom pole in the other. Robert Rozak, I hope you're okay!
    The fact even the YouTube channel is gone (which costs absolutely nothing to keep up, unlike a website which has a cost, a very small cost however), makes me wonder if there is something else going on here.

9. Collapse Details
    I just saved up money to buy one of thier pre-amp, now I am too late

10. Collapse Details
    I use one of their three channel mixers......very clean.....very compact....very dependable. I am sooooo sad to see them go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast