Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    There's so much more to all of your DJI related issues that most are aware of. The CPU overheat was only partly related to actual heat. From personal experience and research, it was more brought on by the added encryption they put into more recent firmwares, making it more processor intensive. And it doesn't matter whether you authorized an update or not. DJI used a method of pushing through tweaks to their app without letting you know or going through the review and approval process via the app store. Hence why some users were noticing issues all of sudden for no known reason (me being one of them). Without writing a novel here of all the history, there are work arounds to almost anything thanks to a very talented group of individuals. And with a little time and effort, it is possible to bring any DJI craft that uses Go4 back to state where "it just worked". Do so at your own risk. It's not for everyone, but whatever you decide, you at least deserve to be informed.

http://dji.retroroms.info/about/start
    Not sure what DJI did but so far, I have flown three times since the latest DJI Go 4 App update, I updated it last weekend and have had zero issues, even without turning on the fan. I am keeping the fan though for when it gets hotter, I have not tried flying since this most recent heatwave began a few days ago, if I can find the time, I will try flying now to see if the fan is still needed. What you said seems about right as far as the cause of the issues. Mine worked fine for a few weeks and then all of a sudden stopped working fine and got glitchy. That point something had to have changed, even though I didn't authorize any updates.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm only flying my Inspire on an older version of the Go App and both AC and Controller FW...I have never spent as much time with any company, who's product I've purchased, troubleshooting, as I have with DJI...it's to the point, where I feel if anything went wrong with my Inspire, I would call that an expensive excersize, and let it go...I think it's more prudent to hire an operator and AC for paid work, and treat my Inspire as a hobby...my failsafes are, never open my GO app with WiFi on in my IPad, and automatic updates on my IPad is disabled...touch wood...as 99 percent of the complaints I read, are about buggy updates....either in the App or AC/Controller FW....I've had over a year of carefree flying, with the one exception of the HDMI module going on my controller...replaced it and now the HDMI cable into the controller is cemented/clamped into place with about $5 worth of gaffers tape...although DJI is top of the game, this is my last Waltz with them!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fboonzaier View Post
    my failsafes are, never open my GO app with WiFi on in my IPad, and automatic updates on my IPad is disabled...touch wood...as 99 percent of the complaints I read, are about buggy updates....either in the App or AC/Controller FW....I've had over a year of carefree flying, with the one exception of the HDMI module going on my controller...replaced it and now the HDMI cable into the controller is cemented/clamped into place with about $5 worth of gaffers tape...although DJI is top of the game, this is my last Waltz with them!
    And that is where I messed up. Once the software and firmware did everything I wanted I left it all alone and working great for a long time...but I left wifi turned on (no cellular) on the ipad, with auto updates turned off. Flying my inspire 3 days and all is well until the 4th day on location again and the dji app suddenly requires a log in which I can't do since I'm out away from wifi.
    So that night I go back to where I have wifi, log in and everything seems fine. I still do not update anything of course.
    Next day flying the inspire the CPU overload starts.
    Sounds like they got me somewhere in that time frame.

4. Collapse Details
    And for some reason our inspire 1 pro only outputs 50hz via the hdmi even though the setting is set to 60 so it could not be input to the switcher during a live event

5. Collapse Details
    My ipad says Model A1490 on the back. So I assume it's an ipad mini 2. 16GB.
    Not near the processing power of the newer ones I suppose...

6. Collapse Details
    So we did some more testing with our Inspire 1 Pro again today to try to resolve some issues...
    We saw that transmission quality was turned way down so we turned it way up. And we put the channel selection on manual instead of auto.
    Now the black screens, freezes, glitches and CPU overload message have not recurred. And the video lag is mostly gone.
    So it seems to be much better now...

7. Collapse Details
    I'm really glad I stumbled onto this thread... I have a P4 that I got mostly just for personal interest, but I haven't been using it much as it became a PITA... and I hope some of the info in this thread will get me back to it. A really good drone-op is a rarity. The drones themselves are so good that they make up for it, but occasionally I see someone who is truly talented, and it inspires me to practice more and get really smooth. The "CPU Overloaded" and other crap has harshed my buzz on drones... I'd love to get back to taking the tech for granted and just play around with mastering technique.
    LIGHTING and SOUND AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR ON DVD

LIGHTING for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel.................................................. ............................. SOUND for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel

8. Collapse Details
    I have flown for years with no issues with the apps, but for the last 10 days or so DJI GO 4 with my Mavic on an iPhone 6+ is closing every five minutes or so during flight, and occasionally giving the CPU overload warning. Have still managed to fly, but it is annoying as all heck. Not too warm weather, so not sure that is it.
    Stuart Hooper

9. Collapse Details
    So far, the app seems rock solid on my iPhone 7(iOS 10?) with a Mavic Pro Platinum. Just got a X and plan on dedicating the 7 to use just with the remote.

10. Collapse Details
    I just now bought an iPhone 6s plus for backup use with my Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1 pro. Problem is you cannot download anything but the newest DJI Go3 app....I've read many reasons not to download the new(er) versions so I want to download an older version instead.
    Anyone have advice how to do this?
    I've read some users using a program called Charles that pauses the itunes download mid-stream and allows you to manually enter a value to download an older version of your choice. I really am not good at this type stuff at all, and am extremely short on time. I wish it wasn't such a hassle using these otherwise fantastic machines.
    Ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast