1. Collapse Details
    Shaky line drawing?
    Guys, I did the video bellow like 15 years ago using a native after effects tool...but I cannot remember what was it. I know it was as simple as selecting the brush size, movement/shakyness intensity, key frames and then just drawing. Does anyone know what affect is that? Since then Ive never had to use after effects again and now I do. I did a youtube search but all Ive found was some time consuming tutorials where you actually had to animate the lines after the drawing is done...like I said, the way I did 15 years ago was very simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwRIAh9xvWA

2. Collapse Details
    Could it be a dialed down effect that listens to the music and uses the waveform to affect width and opacity?

3. Collapse Details
    Nope. I distinctly remember that I would set a keyframe, then I would draw a line and then the line became jiggly as it was being drawn from keyframe 1 to keyframe 2 (like it was being hand drawn). It actually stayed jiggly when the drawing was finalized. It was super simple.

4. Collapse Details
    easiest way is using after effects animate the curves normally as you would,
    after that apply a "roughen edges" effect and put wiggle expression in the "evolution" attribute.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.