Nice work!
    +1

2. Collapse Details
    So good!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by abreu-canedo View Post
    Great work as always!

Hey, just wanted to get a sense of how you treated those day exteriors. Were you mostly shooting on cloudy days? Were you modifying? Not sure if you're open to sharing but always curious to hear from folks more experienced than myself.

In any case, thanks for sharing!
    Daytime exteriors were seriously rough on this one. We had a skeleton crew planned, with two people in LX to lug a generator and an an HMI around, but we lost one camera assistant and our best boy the night before the shoot. So in the end, the exteriors were entirely natural light (not a situation I'm particularly comfortable with).

I think we used a bounce board on a couple of shots at the one location where we could physically push a camera cart in (and therefore had the means to carry the bounce board with us). But other than that, it was all just a combination of natural light and careful time-of-day scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by bill totolo View Post
    Great job Grug. Will we see a run on used F3's like we did on F35's? They're cheap as hell.
    The F3 is worth peanuts now, but I can't see a rebirth being likely. I only really consider the camera usable because I picked up one with the Element Technica body armour and the 4:4:4 SLOG upgrade. Without those two things, it holds a lot less appeal, and is much more difficult to work with in a conventional production setup.

As a sensor in a box though, it continues to punch well above its weight.

4. Collapse Details
    Being out of DVX due to health reasons. Just came back and watched this trailer. My my that is some lovely footage from the F3, and the Sigma Cine Zoom. Like you mentioned before, the F3 is worth peanuts, though having S-Log combined with that lovely sensor...my my. Got lucky when I got it for cheap with its 20hrs of use.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words

Daytime exteriors were seriously rough on this one. We had a skeleton crew planned, with two people in LX to lug a generator and an an HMI around, but we lost one camera assistant and our best boy the night before the shoot. So in the end, the exteriors were entirely natural light (not a situation I'm particularly comfortable with).

I think we used a bounce board on a couple of shots at the one location where we could physically push a camera cart in (and therefore had the means to carry the bounce board with us). But other than that, it was all just a combination of natural light and careful time-of-day scheduling.
    I think they came out really nicely. It says a lot that you could plan ahead for maximizing the sun and making sure you could be there on the right time of day. Thanks for sharing!

6. Collapse Details
    The film has just been released online if anyone fancies a gander:

https://www.facebook.com/thehuntau/p...94235387838768

7. Collapse Details
    Wow! Nicely shot. I'm really surprised how well the F3 grades.

8. Collapse Details
    Congrats. I think you should sell the workflow for this images and many of the F3 owners will buy it :-)

9. Collapse Details
    Grug...considering you are very familiar to F3 i need to buy some ND filters. I wish i would have the money for a full set but i dont for the moment. If you would be on a tight budget what ND 4x5.65 would you get...The strict essential lets say. Thanks in advance

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristian Mihai View Post
    Grug...considering you are very familiar to F3 i need to buy some ND filters. I wish i would have the money for a full set but i dont for the moment. If you would be on a tight budget what ND 4x5.65 would you get...The strict essential lets say. Thanks in advance
    For the F3 specifically Cristian?

If so, with the camera's built-in 3-stop (0.9) and 6-stop (1.8) NDs. The only essential densities you need are one-stop (0.3) and two-stop (0.6). Between those two filters and the F3's internal ones, you can have anywhere from 1-8 stops of ND, and 9 if you stack both external NDs in the mattebox (and 9-stops is enough to shoot wide-open in even the brightest Australian sun).

Spend the money to get a solid, new-style of ND like the Formatt-Hitech Firecrests or the Tokina Pro NDs though. They are totally colour neutral (even at high densities), which older IRND most certainly were NOT!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast