Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks man. Also would be interested to see your opinion about how much a F3 with Element cage and plate with rgb444 upgrade is worth today ? I know you have one

Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    For the F3 specifically Cristian?

If so, with the camera's built-in 3-stop (0.9) and 6-stop (1.8) NDs. The only essential densities you need are one-stop (0.3) and two-stop (0.6). Between those two filters and the F3's internal ones, you can have anywhere from 1-8 stops of ND, and 9 if you stack both external NDs in the mattebox (and 9-stops is enough to shoot wide-open in even the brightest Australian sun).

Spend the money to get a solid, new-style of ND like the Formatt-Hitech Firecrests or the Tokina Pro NDs though. They are totally colour neutral (even at high densities), which older IRND most certainly were NOT!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristian Mihai View Post
    Thanks man. Also would be interested to see your opinion about how much a F3 with Element cage and plate with rgb444 upgrade is worth today ? I know you have one
    Not a lot I wouldn't have though. The standard cameras only seem to be fetching about $1000-$1500 USD at the moment. With the 444 upgrade and the Element Technica armour, you have the absolute best version of the F3 (one that's much more appealing than the standard camera). But I suspect $2000-$3000 USD is probably as high as you'd be likely to fetch. HD cameras just don't have a lot of appeal to people these days.

With the value so low, I'm not sure it makes a tonne of sense to sell really. It's probably more valuable as a second camera/backup (unless you really need the money).

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    Not a lot I wouldn't have though. The standard cameras only seem to be fetching about $1000-$1500 USD at the moment. With the 444 upgrade and the Element Technica armour, you have the absolute best version of the F3 (one that's much more appealing than the standard camera). But I suspect $2000-$3000 USD is probably as high as you'd be likely to fetch. HD cameras just don't have a lot of appeal to people these days.

With the value so low, I'm not sure it makes a tonne of sense to sell really. It's probably more valuable as a second camera/backup (unless you really need the money).

Yes. I have one myself in the same configuration. Would be happily pay 2000-2500 on a second one. In case you want to sell it at one point give me a shout. For me full HD will be relevant years from now on and i have seen some nice upres at 2k from F3 so another few years relevant :-). I just love the camera, hate the menu, love the power consumption and hate there is no one making a element cage again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345