Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I had to take some video of powerlines against the sky to see if there was something else going on here. All my work is filming wildlife out where there are no straight edges like that and even on super detailed foliage or elk and deer hair I don't get ANY sort of edge enhancement in any way. Yet when I filmed the power pole against the sky behind my house you can see the single pixel line along all the wires against the sky. Its pretty crazy to see. This is all at sharpness zero in 4K 60p Neutral.

Here's my two samples. Pretty interesting when you look at the difference between these two 400% crops. One is as clean as a whistle and the other is shows enhancing like crazy against the sky.

Learn something new every day

Cheers, Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by c3hammer View Post
    Here's my two samples. Pretty interesting when you look at the difference between these two 400% crops. One is as clean as a whistle and the other is shows enhancing like crazy against the sky.
    Enhancing like crazy? It's one 4K pixel wide. You have to blow a still up 400% to see it.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZiD View Post
    Only way to make these edge halos less apparent. Maybe there are better options, but not that I'm aware of.
    Already using non Panasonic lenses (no digital corrections) here and diffusion filters.
    You may have a faulty camera.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123