1. Collapse Details
    4k 60p slow motion or 4k 24p corporate video?
    Hi Folks. Filming Monday Tuesday for a large corporation. They have storyboarded and scripted inspiring words over what the visuals are.

I really can't decide to shoot slow motion or not... Because the video will be quick cuts throughout since its only 1min 20sec long, and will pretty much show everything they do.

Very similar to RED cameras new video 'why Red'.https://youtu.be/4xJIlFUB5WY They have slow motion in quick cuts but it slows down later. Mine will be building up towards the end.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. Creatively stuck blank haha

2. Collapse Details
    For what it's worth, the 4K 60p will give a more "polished" look while also allowing for clean slow downs.

3. Collapse Details
    Can you shoot it twice? Do things in each mode and take the best parts to a 24p timeline.

4. Collapse Details
    I often shoot 48fps when I'm unsure whether the footage will be used for slomo, or realtime 24p.

5. Collapse Details
    Ah right. Do you feel as though 48fps conformed to 24p looks less noticeable than 60?

I just don't want to wish I had done 60p. If I get a good take on 24p and a s*%t one on 60p haha.

Any use of using C1 2 and 3 for 60p and 24p?

6. Collapse Details
    Conforming 48fps to 24p only requires dropping every other frame, whereas 60fps to 24p requires software interpretation, so I do think it looks better. Deciding what shutter angle/speed to use is a trickier decision

7. Collapse Details
    The shutter is why I would try and do everything twice, but it depends on the content and lighting. If you happen to be shooting in a factory, they may be using some kind of gas discharge lighting. That means flicker or color shifting as the lights cycle in and out past the shutter. A 1/120 would certainly be in that realm where problems could happen. but 1/60 should be mostly safe, as should 1/48.

60 to 24 is a 2332 pull down